Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Beginner April 2022 Essex

Registrar

Charlotte, 19 of October of 2020 at 18:02 Posted on Planning 0 3
Helloooo! I'm planning an intimate wedding at a venue where my fiancé and I need to supply everything. Just wondering who has had to hire their own registrar before and how much it cost them?

Thank you

3 replies

Latest activity by Jacky, 27 of October of 2020 at 17:28
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Lots! The local authority will have set prices. Ours is Surrey County Council and the cost is £695. You will also have to pay the local authority where you live (which may be different) to give notice - usually £35 each.
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We are looking to get married in Cornwall, the cost is £593 (or something like that) to hire the registrar to come to the hotel plus giving notice which is £35 each.
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

Everyone has to arrange their own registrar, it's not something that the venues will cover. We're getting married in Wetherby and the cost is £550 plus £35 to give notice.

Make sure you book the registrar as early as possible though as they are limited in number - we just provisionally booked a date with a venue but there were no registrars available at the time we wanted to conduct the ceremony so we had to change the date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics