Josephine
Newbie Bride October 2020 East London

No more than 6

Josephine, 14 September 2020 at 13:12 Posted on Wedding Planning 0 4
Saved Save

Hey guys, i'm inviting 24 guests to my registry next month. We were planning to go for lunch afterwards but now we can't since BoJo has limited gatherings to no more than 6. I would appreciate some tips on how to work around this especially as a number of our guests are travelling really far to celebrate with us on the day. It would be a shame to just wave goodbye without even having a drink together.

4 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 16 September 2020 at 17:55
  • E
    Newbie Bride April 2023 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    I would speak to the place you were booked into as weddings are exempt. If they class it as a wedding you may be ok, your venue will be able to clarify for you x
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Savvy Groom January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Online ·
    View quoted message

Emma is correct. Weddings with 30 are exempt. But the wording is something like, small receptions with no more than 30 at a covid secure wedding venue.

Its a tricky one because a restaurant can have - lets say 50 people but only allowed to take max bookings of 6. But a "wedding venue" can have 30 people.

Also the wedding ceremony is a max of 30 in the room/ church but this includes, myself (photographer) and the celebrant/s. But when it comes to the reception it does not include the venue staff and myself.

• Josephine
    Newbie Bride October 2020 East London
    Josephine ·
    View quoted message
    Thanks guys you’re absolutely right. I’ve read the government guidance on gov.uk and it says wedding receptions are also exempt. It’s still quite a slog as many restaurants in central London (where we’re getting married) are closed until further notice, but that’s a different problem. Thanks all!No more than 6 1

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Savvy Groom January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Online ·

Just need to amend my post but no longer able to edit.

Where I said

Also the wedding ceremony is a max of 30 in the room/ church but this includes, myself (photographer) and the celebrant/s. But when it comes to the reception it does not include the venue staff and myself.

That was the pre- September rules. It has now changed to this.----

The advised maximum number for all attendees at the event, including the couple and guests. It also includes any third-party suppliers, such as photographers or security. It does not include staff employed by the venue or third-party catering staff.

So they seemed to of cleared that one up whereby it was 29+photographer at the ceremony but 30 + the photographer at the reception. --- They will be running out of fag packets soonSmiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇