Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Judyta
Beginner August 2021 Wiltshire

Need help and motivation to lose weight

Judyta, 23 of September of 2020 at 05:26 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 3 16
Hi all!

I'm not sure what to do, I want to lose weight until the wedding (August 2021) and I have plenty of time but I don't know how to start! I keep tripping and snacking and eating junk ? it almost feels like a habit. I'm not overweight or very fat, I am a size 14 but want to get back to my sie 10 ?? what do i do? It seems and feels almost impossible!

16 replies

Latest activity by Mina, 24 of August of 2023 at 11:21
  • P
    Beginner July 2022 Central London
    PurpleDwarf ·
    • Hide content

Try having a glass of water first when you feel hungry and then carrot or celery sticks - you can eat as many of those as you like!

Also, do you exercise much? Have you tried the couch to 5k programme or app?

And don't put yourself under too much pressure to lose weight, especially if you are not overweight.

• S
    Curious January 2021
    SunnyGoldConfetti509 ·
    • Hide content
    I understand how you feel - you want to look and feel your best on your wedding day, but like the other poster don’t put too much pressure on yourself. We’re already living through hard times as it is, don’t add to your stress levels with weight loss.

Having said that, the best way to start in my opinion is just getting active bit by bit. Start by going for a walk for 20 mins a day and then slowly increase to an hour. Put on a good audiobook, listen to your favourite podcast, music, radio show and slowly you’ll feel fitter and better. Once you’re comfortable going out everyday for a walk, you could start the NHS couch to 5k plan or check out Kayla Itsines’s BBG workouts. Check her Instagram page. They are usually 28 mins long, 4 exercises x 4 circuits. Really good fun and you’ll feel great afterwards. What do you enjoy? If it’s dancing, there are loads of free dance workouts on YouTube.
    It’s a bit trial and error but I find if you enjoy what you’re doing, the more likely it is to work.
    Re, the food - if you’re restricting yourself all the time to not eat junk food, the more likely you are to trip up. Instead id suggest adding to your diet - increasing your water intake, vegetables etc and you’ll see after a while less likely to always want the junk food because you can have it when you want.
  • S
    Beginner July 2021 Devon
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Personally, in conjunction with exercise, I find it easier if I record everything I eat or drink - not really to count calories, but to stop me fibbing to myself! Lose It is a good app for this & after a little while it does get you thinking "well I could have that cheese/chocolate/biscuit as a treat, but if I do I need to be honest & record it.....do I really want it?" That pause in thought, rather than just reaching for the treat can be enough to wake up my willpower. :-) When you see it all listed out, it's harder to hide from all the "little" snacks & becomes easier to motivate yourself to skip them or swap out for healthier choices. Snacking is a habit, and a really difficult one to break, so don't beat yourself up or try to change everything at once! Good luck finding what works for you but don't let yourself get overwhelmed by it, sure you'll feel amazing on your day whatever you do :-)

• T
    Beginner June 2022 Kent
    Thripptobe ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, you can do this!

Weight loss is an incredibly difficult journey, but it is not an impossible one.

I have PCOS so losing weight is very hard to do, but it is a process of learning about your body, and what works for you.

I would definitely recommend recording what you eat on MyFitnessPal, and aiming to eat low GI carbs (brown pasta, rice etc), and keeping meals high in protein, as your body has to work twice as hard to burn off protein just from doing nothing! Being in a calorie deficit (healthily!) is beneficial. For example, I try to stay between **** calories a day, which you do adjust to Smiley smile

I also recommend hiring a personal trainer at a gym, even for a little while! It give syou so much knowledge and direction and you can really get into it that way. I go to the gym and do a mix of small amounts of HIIT, and weight training, and in around 2 weeks I have lost 6lbs (which is fast for someone with PCOS).

Either way, it is so important to find something that works for you, so working with a PT or nutritionist could be really beneficial.

I am wishing you all the luck Smiley heart

• MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content

I recommend a book called "Tiny Habits" by BJ Fogg. It it NOT a diet book, not a stupid and tedious recipe plan to follow and not an exercise plan. It's a book about how to create good habits and defeat negative ones in really easy and small (hence the title) steps.

• D
    Missouri
    Dany ·
    • Hide content

Aside from exercise, you must have a very effective diet that would not stop you from eating what you like, because stopping yourself 100% to the food you want is really hard. So I suggest doing a calorie deficit together with your daily exercise.

• HotDiggityDamn83
    Savvy August 2021 Cardiff
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried keto? It's keeping your carbs under 20g a day and I've tried loads of diets but this is the only one that doesn't feel like an actual diet. The food is delicious.

Once your body is in ketosis, you body uses fat stores instead of carbs to burn calories. You will find that once you're in ketosis your appetite reduces significantly - so you can skip breakfast, therefore doing intermittent fasting which goes hand in hand with keto.

Typical meals for me:

Chorizo and Spring Onion Omelette with a big salad

Salmon with roasted veg

King Prawns with Stir Fried Veg

• L
    Leicestershire
    LucyH ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am a fitness and nutrition coach and I help brides to drop a dress size (or more) and feel their best on their big day without spending every day in the gym or giving up their favourite foods.

My 12-week bridal coaching package takes the guesswork away so you can focus on doing what it takes to achieve the body you're dreaming of.

If you'd like to find out more about whether you would be a good fit to work with me, let me know.

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I know how you feel. Have you bought your dress yet?
    To motivate me to exercise and eat well I’m taking my measurements daily- if the money spent on your dress doesn’t motivate you to fit in it as best you can I don’t know what else will.

Good luck with your journey!
  • E
    Beginner June 2022 East Sussex
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    Gastric balloon, check out Simon Monkhouse !
  • Michal
    South Yorkshire
    Michal ·
    • Hide content

Did you try running? Try Couch to 5k or similar apps. They will help you start running, small and easy steps :-)

• D
    Missouri
    Dany ·
    • Hide content

Hi, @Judyta try a calorie-deficit diet if you can't do keto, I think it's the best diet you can do now, and do some running. I'm sure you'll be fit in no time if you follow it.

• Danielle
    Beginner August 2021 West Sussex
    Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    Hey! Omg I am so in your boat also! My wedding is August 2021 also! I have got 4 stone to lose!
    Do you fancy doing this journey together? Maybe a weigh in every week to keep us motivated? A support message everyday to see how we are doing? Anyway let me know your thoughts :-) Danielle
  • J
    Beginner August 2024 East Central London
    Jinnykey ·
    • Hide content

It is easier for me to not eat anything than to go on diets and eat 5 times a day, I know that this is not very useful, so now I am trying a hydrogen diet, in fact I still drink smoothies and coffee and I feel great and I have started to lose weight

• H
    Arizona
    Hebep ·
    • Hide content

Erectin is a natural dietary supplement that is intended to improve your sexual health by increasing your desire for sexual encounters and the strength of your erections. This dietary supplement is formulated with a potent blend of naturopathic knowledge and cutting-edge absorption technology, which enables its contents to be delivered to your body in the most efficient manner possible, thereby producing the greatest beneficial effects. To know more click here Erectin Reviews

• M
    Beginner June 2022 Kent
    Mina ·
    • Hide content

If you are not very fat and you just want to lose a part of your body quickly, hifu and fat cavitation

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics