Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maxibon
Beginner March 2009

My Wedding Report..with a few pics xxx

Maxibon, 29 of March of 2010 at 11:25 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hi everyone!

Well i'm back in the land of the living! MARRIED LIFE IS GREAT! ...

Thursday: Went into manchester to get my nails done with my BM, then I had to get back for my pedicure, I was hoping OH was going to come to the train station with me (he was staying in a hotel in town)- I had a lovely speech prepared on how I was going to miss him that night and how I excited to become his wife the next day... but on phoning him, he was playing golf and couldnt get away!!! So I went to my pedicure and foot massage with my MIL which was fab, really relaxing! Then we went back to her home to wait for all the BMs and my mum to arrive - we were going to have a girly night relaxing with some fish and chips...and what turned into 7 bottles of champagne too - not for me I might add!! So a really relaxing night - apart from 1 call from a friend who had travelled up from portsmouth only to leave her case on the coach with all her clothes in (seriously...what could I do??) The night was great, all my girls gossiping and really getting on (theres some history that could have come up - but didnt) My CBM was very drunk as it was her 1st night away from the baby and 1st night on the fizz!! I got to bed at about 11pm which i thought was very good of me - I slept until 4, then I was wide awake!!

Friday!!

I got up around 7am as Daisy was restless so I thought I'd go down and get some brekkie, my MIL and BM were already up!! So had some tea and cereal and got ready to go to the hairdressers for 9am. So far feeling spookily calm. So all 7 of us went to the salon and it was hectic fun, I was seen to 1st (naturally!!) and my hair went into style amazingly! Then I had to leave to sort out some flowers and eyelashes, so I didnt see anyone til they arrived back at the house. This is when I got very very nervous! We were so organised, ahead of time and everything was going so smoothly - I was just waiting for something to go wrong, in set the shakes and little panics - esp since everyone was telling me how calm I seemed (hmmm) So my BM's got ready, then I got ready and my Dad arrived looking great (maybe should've had a haircut) and the limo arrived and it was time to put my shoes on and go! I was so shaky my Dad had to help me get into the car, some champagne calmed me down though...a little bit! When we got there our co-ordinator came out of the venue and told us to wait in the car as the registrar hadnt arrived (eek!!) so we sat and had some more champagne - no one was telling me off so that was good...I needed it!) A group of teens were taking pics of the limo and they thought there was a footballer inside, I stayed put though..didnt want to disappoint! Then it was time for my interview to make sure my details were correct and that I was still happy to go on (err....yeah!!)

Then it was time! My BM's walked down first and I walked down with my Dad to Vide Cor Meum which was lovely, I couldnt look anywhere apart from straight ahead, OH turned to look and smiled which set me off slightly, but I tried to hold it all together. I got to him and we held hands and I started to relax a little. We said our vows, no hiccups! and then had lots of pics taken while we had a bit of a catch up! He said he wasnt that nervous that morning - I suspect he was a tad hungover as I'd heard tales of brandy drinking the night before!! We walked out to Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me, but the guy started to play James Blunt by accident and everyone stared at my OH as they know he's a music snob who wouldnt have chosen that! It helped me to relax a bit!

Then we had photos pitchside, that was amazing! I felt really special, I thought my face would start to ache from smiling so much, but nothing could have taken the smile off my face ? We then made our way up to the Evolution Suite for the reception - our guests were already up there enjoying some champagne and watching us have our pics taken. The room looked amazing! The table decs, the balloons, the cakes - it was all fantastic!! We were announced in and everyone looked as happy as we were! My Dad and OH - sorry - Hubby's speech were done in record timing! It was the Best Man who had plenty of embarrasing things to say about Hubby! Then we had our food, it was fantastic! Then it was mingle time, and I'm sorry to say, I didnt get around everyone ☹️ Then dancing time and then it was all over!!

Seriously guys, the day goes so fast! try not to stress about trying to fill in gaps of time/worry about little thing (of course I can say that now I've done it all!) This was a very perfect day for both of us, and we were so happy that everyone seemed to enjoy it as much as we did!!

OK...pic time!

getting my hair done

the journey

our yummy cupcakes from sugarlilycakes.co.uk

The wedding party...

Our table plan, made my my friend..

our 1st dance..

My favourite pic...

and couldnt resist this one...

Thanks if you got to the end!! xxx

25 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_T2B, 1 of April of 2010 at 21:18
  • woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Sorry haven't had time to read the report as I am getting ready to take my wee boy to nursery but just had to say CONGRATS!!! And I will come back and read it.

And wow you looked great, looks like it was a fabulous day. Your cupcakes looked great and you really suited your dress, if people didn't know you were pregnant they would not of been able to tell, that dress fitted you so well.

Congratulations again Max

x

• M
    MsCheerful ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! Sounds like you had an amazing day - everything looks lovely! x

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Your silly friend (ah well I'll just magic some clothes up for you then!)! Other than that all sounds great. You looked GORGEOUS. And no sign of daisy whatsoever! I honestly wouldn't know from those pics - you haven't puton any weight anywhere else.

Thanks for posting this. x

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know...did she want me to offer her my dress?? She went to the station the day after and got it, panic over!!

Thanks, Daisy behaved, but I look a little wider in the evening pics, she must have moved around! Fantastic day ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

You looked fantastic and your day sounded fab. So glad it all went well.

Just relax and enjoy married life and your family when it comes.

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

You looked gorgeous hun.

Congratulations.

(ooh loving your hair)

• lizzyleek
    Beginner October 2010
    lizzyleek ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!! Your pictures are great! Love your hair... Gorgeous! xx

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Congrats Max - you looked gorgeous! Glad you had a fab day ?

Good luck with the little one!

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

Im glad you had such a good day and you looked lovely!

I didn't know you were getting married at MU! My OH is a huge fan (I don't think I'll tell him about your wedding, he'll be so disappointed we're not getting married there!)

• emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, your dress and hair looked amazing together. I hope I look as happy as you on my wedding day.

Now onto motherhood! ? Good luck and congrats again.

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! hair and makeup look lovely, you look so happy xx

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You look gorgeous x

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Glad you had a great day!

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Congrats! And you have created the first post on here that my OH was actually interested as he's a Man U fan and wanted to look at the O/T pics! xx

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations. all looks lovely!

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Youn look lovely!!!

Congratulations

x

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations. so glad you had a brilliant day. You looked amazing, I loved your hair.x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

You look like you had such fun! Fabbie photos x

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Lovely stuff. Congrats Missus!

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

Sounds like you had a great day and you looked lovely.

• Nixxy Noo
    Nixxy Noo ·
    • Hide content

Max - love the pics, dress was fab and you looked beautiful! Glad you had such a good day and now you can look forward to the arrival of Daisy as a married woman!!!! xx

• L
    Beginner September 2010
    lushgirlxx ·
    • Hide content

Hey sounds like you both had a fab day, and ur pics are lovely, u look stunning. xxx

• Mrs2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs2012 ·
    • Hide content

We looked into getting married there my oh is a very big man utd fan lol!

Congratulations hun! You looked gorgoeus!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Thought I'd posted a reply.... looks like it was an amazing day! loving the report and I hope Daisy lets you sleep!!lol

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations ❤️ Sounds like you had a lovely day. Your hair looked lovely, as well as the rest of you obviously!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics