Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner March 2014

my wedding dress has arrived!!

FuturemrsR., 2 of September of 2013 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

I received a letter today from the bridal shop, telling me that my dress has arrived in the shop! I'm so excited to see it again, it was way back at the beginning of April when i last saw it last and ordered it!!

I'm slightly nervous about trying it again too, as have had a few dress wobbles since ordering. this dress is the complete opposite to what I thought I would have chosen. I've just been trying to remind myself how I felt in it when I first chose it, and hoping that its still this same when I try it again!!

this is my dress..... (On the website model - I wish this was how it looked on me! lol!) And also mine is white, not gold.

3 replies

Latest activity by Feb2014Bride , 2 of September of 2013 at 16:28
  • *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful! Flash us when you try it on again!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

They sent you a letter .... that is such a lovely way of doing it.

How exciting ... waiting for mine, anyday now.

Can i ask do you get to go and "see" it before your first dress fitting? Not sure how it works.

• F
    Beginner March 2014
    FuturemrsR. ·
    • Hide content

Yes, it was lovely receiving the letter this morning. I was expecting a phone call, they had said it should be in anytime between August and September, so was starting to get excited for the call! Must say, i do love getting any wedding related post! Smiley smile

My shop has told me that my actual fittings will start in January, and i will have 3 - one every month (my wedding is 29th March) They said for these fittings I will need to take shoes and underwear etc - they told me this when I ordered the dress, but it is also written in the letter I received today.

But they said when the dress arrives I have to go back in within two weeks to check the dress is correct and to pay the rest of the balance. I paid half when I ordered it, so need to pay the other half. It also said in the letter that they have a 2 week window to notify the designer if there is anything wrong with the dress, otherwise the designer wont change it!!

I havent bought my underwear yet, but might take my shoes with me to this meeting, just to try! And I want to check that my headpiece goes with the dress, so plan to take that with me too.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Oh brilliant, I just remember my shop telling me my first appointment was in October for my February wedding so just wondering if that's more of an appointment to go check the dress make sure it's the right one because I don't expect fittings until January.

I will have to check when they call and tell me it's arrived.

Love the letter though, something for the keepsake box too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics