Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Beginner December 2022 Wiltshire

Just got engaged !!!!!!

Emily, 19 of October of 2020 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 1 6

I’m so happy I just got engaged but no idea what to do next! Do we choose date/ look at venues? I need help people!

❤️❤️❤️

6 replies

Latest activity by Jacky, 27 of October of 2020 at 17:33
  • H
    Curious October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly ·
    • Hide content

First of all, Congratulations!! I hope you're enjoying your celebrations Smiley star

I got engaged in early September, and my advice would be don't rush until you're sure of the type of wedding you want! Whether that's a huge big party with 100s, or a intimate wedding, or a weekend celebration etc. This will then help you with your date choosing and venue hunting. We talked about everything from a big 120 guest wedding to a Scottish castle weekend wedding with 20 of our closest guests.

We've settled on a 30 person wedding close to home (and looking at a Scottish Castle honeymoon Smiley winking ) but it was really fun envisaging all the different options, and we did change our minds on a few things we thought we were dead set on, so it's worth having the time to chat and mull over!

• Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Definitely have a good talk about time of year, guest list numbers and venues you both like the idea of, and get a Pinterest board for all things wedding as that's just fun ?
  • Emily
    Beginner December 2022 Wiltshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. Ideally we would like small, and intimate wedding but bigger party for the evening reception! X

• A
    Beginner August 2022 South Yorkshire
    Abbie ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! We literally picked our venue and date within 6 days of our engagement! As much as i'd like to say have a good look around and plan, i'd also say go with your heart and what YOU love. Remember, its your day, no one else ??
  • Katie
    Beginner August 2022 Swansea
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations first of all. Remember to enjoy being engaged as well but I would have an idea what date you would like and start looking in to venues then when you find a venue and agree a date your registrar or officiant would be next hope this helps xx
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

I found Pinterest was a good place to start looking for ideas. Hitched is great to start getting a feel for venues - make sure you go visit a few if you can as they can be very different to their photographs! Once you've settled on the venue you can arrange the date and registrar. These are the key things ticked off and the rest is about making it YOUR day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics