Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2010

How close does the grooms cravat/tie match the bridesmaid's dressses?

Karen1980, 8 of October of 2009 at 09:23 Posted on Planning 0 9

As it says really? having a bit of difficulty with matching everything ?

Has anyone got any advice please? we were looking at moss bross burgundy which is so differnt to alfred angelo burgundy ?

The wedding i think it gradually turning from burgundy to dark red?!?!?

9 replies

Latest activity by jen52637, 8 of October of 2009 at 15:03
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Its your own personal choice n taste. I dont think every groom has to match the BM.... we did however but i think coz the blue featured in many things for the wedding......

you could have a tie with a red pattern in it for example?

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Mine didn't match at all. not even in the slightest. men had silver rouched ties, BMs had dusky pink dresses.

my advice is not to worry - NO-ONE will notice.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

It depends how picky you are, I don't think it's that important. There's no way all of your colours are going to be exactly the same shade.

Im having my BM dresses made so am hoping to use the left over material to make the cravates.

• C
    Beginner October 2009
    CookieMonster ·
    • Hide content

I dont think it matters enormously....since planning my wedding I have discovered that there are so many different shades of burgundy, and of ivory that I have just given up trying to get them all exactly the same!

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly im having so much difficulty that im now wondering why i even picked burgundy in the first place!! eek!! it seems like a hard colour to match and have variations on.

In a panic at the moment thinking of changing to pink!

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure yet as we haven't tried to match in the cravats/ribbons yet but I'm guessing we won't be too worried. Our colour (deep purple) is quite awkward too as there are so many different shades!

Karen: Do you want burgundy ribbon? I bought some ribbon off ebay that claimed to be 'deep purple' but is actually a burgundy/winey colour. If you're interested just let me know!

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

Jen - thanks thats very nice of you, will have to let you know as its 50 50 which way I go at the moment ? pink seems easier for flowers and the cake and isnt so harsh as burgundy Smiley surprise( i wanted iced flowers on the cake but think they will look harsh in red/ burgundy .. oh decisions!!

X

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

We had this problem as my bridesmaids are deep purple. We ended up going for lilac for all the boys except my OH who is having ivory (we liked the idea of him standing out from the others and it'll match my dress). I also have a little bridesmaid who will wear lilac. I'm hoping it'll all tie in nicely and look OK.

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Would there be any way you could use both burgundy and pink I wonder? I don't know how well they would go (I have no eye for style, lol) but you may be able to incorporate both?

Oooh, just googled it and it goes really well! Google 'burgandy and pink wedding'! Pics look fab! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics