honeymoon take two BOOKED

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 17 Jun 2011 15:07

Big Smile [:D]honeymoon take two BOOKED

Sorry this is such a self-indulgent post but I wanted to share my excitement!!! I never totally let on why we decided to cancel our honeymoon to barbados but as well as me being a big scaredy cat about flying and being stuck on an island, OH's mum is very ill - she has had cancer for the past 20 years on-and-off and sadly it has returned so he didn't want to travel a long distance from home. It was a very heart-breaking decision but I am glad we have made it. We officially cancelled our barbados hotel and flights this week and have booked our new honeymoon/mini-moon to poland. We're staying with OH's family in Warsaw for a few days so we can have a family get-together with those who could not make it to our wedding, then a long-weekend city break at the amazing hilton hotel in gdansk so we can go back to the beach where we got engaged! It is not quite as exotic as our carribean holiday but I'm so excited that we can have a stress-free honeymoon. He barely gets to see his family more than once a year so it will be wonderful to spend some time with them and then have a few days in a classy hotel in a beautiful seaside city! We've even managed to afford a suite with a river view for less than half the cost of our original budget for barbados, including the amount we lost on the deposit. Squeeee Big Smile!

On the downside when I called our florist to book an appointment the other day the woman laughed at how late we have left it (is over two months too late to book flowers !?), which has really put us into panic mode! phft.

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 15:13

Re: honeymoon take two BOOKED

enterflora:
    is over two months too late to book flowers !?),

um yes, if your having a spring or summer wedding definatly!!

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 15:15

flowmojo:

um yes, if your having a spring or summer wedding definatly!!

Uh oh! Why is that? We're not having a lot of flowers so I thought we'd be ok! Pah, this is why I will tell anyone planning their wedding long-distance DONT DO IT!

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 15:19

I'm not sure, but the florist doing our flowers in 10 days time was only given 3weeks notice (we only booked our wedding the day before the flowers as we changed our date due to H2B's illness) she was fine about doing it with that much notice :D just find a florist who CAN do it in that amounth of time.

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 15:38

I am not in the flower industry, but I can't see why you need 2 months notice for flowers!

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 15:40

knitting_vixen:

I am not in the flower industry, but I can't see why you need 2 months notice for flowers!

its not just the one wedding theyl have to do for that day tho normally...my florist can have 4 weddings booked for one day....and then you have to think about the shop and normal orders etc so obvioulsy the later you book the lesslikely theyl be able to have the time!

also, flowers are seasonalso it depends on what you want and sometimes takes weeks for them to order them in

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 16:12

Two months is a tad late although not impossible.  I booked mine with about 6 months to go and got the "Oooh, aren't we leaving it a bit late?" lecture.

As for the honeymoon.. weyheyy on honeymoon finally decided and booked!  My Mum and step-Dad love Poland.  They went to Auschwitz last year and it's all they can talk about STILL!  My Mum loves all the Holocaust history.

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 17:28

Sounds like a fab honeymoon!!

Hmm, 2 months - too late? Well I booked my flowers at the beginning of March for my April 16th wedding so that's 6 weeks. My florist never even hinted that I'd left it too late but then she's a relatively new business where I am so maybe she's not all that busy?

When you look at how organised some hitchers are, booking things years in advance maybe it is quite late in comparison but I honestly don't think anyone should be made to feel like they've left things too late but they're still willing to do it for you - like they're doing you a favour!

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 18:15

caweena:

When you look at how organised some hitchers are, booking things years in advance maybe it is quite late in comparison but I honestly don't think anyone should be made to feel like they've left things too late but they're still willing to do it for you - like they're doing you a favour!

Thanks! I guess it is a bit late for some but our flower requirements are very minimal, the florist won't be setting anything up as we're just having bouquets, bottonholes and some loose flowers to make our own arrangements (which we might do with silk flowers anyway), but I guess if you want lots of flowers at the venue it is a bit late. Fingers crossed we won't get a lecture, I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut!

• Posted: 17 Jun 2011 18:20

Glad you hear you've sorted your honeymoon out now. And yes florist's do get booked up very quickly, we've booked out and we've still got 9 months left. x

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)