Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2021 Lancashire

Honest wedding dress opinions

Brittany, 3 of October of 2020 at 22:55 Posted on Planning 1 10

I got my dress a few weeks ago and for some reason just feel unsure about it at the moment. Can’t tell if my friends are saying it’s nice just because they think that’s what I want to hear! Not sure whether to look for a different style? Honest opinions very welcome

Honest wedding dress opinions 1

10 replies

Latest activity by Dany, 8 of October of 2020 at 04:10
  • B
    Brittany ·
    • Hide content
    Honest wedding dress opinions 2
    Honest wedding dress opinions 3

Honest wedding dress opinions 4

Honest wedding dress opinions 5

Worked out how to attach more photos!!
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

You look amazing in that gown! It fits you so well, and your figure is stunning! The detail on it is fabulous, I adore the train, it is beautiful.

I think we all go through that feeling of “is this the right dress for me?” I think it’s probably the biggest personal purchase we’ll ever make, so there’s always that little nagging doubt. I think Gok Wan calls it ‘dress doubt’. Apparently it’s very common to feel like that.

Our wedding has been postponed by 12 months, and my impulse purchase dress will have been sitting in the box for 2 and a half years. I am still full of doubt about it.

How does your gown make you feel? You look a million dollars in it, I hope you feel it, too!

• R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the above. The dress is stunning and hits in all the right places. However, trust your instincts. You need to feel happy and confident on the day. If you're not sure, are you able to exchange/sell for not too much loss?

• B
    Brittany ·
    • Hide content
    Aw thank you guys think that’s what I needed to hear! I think because I carry my weight around my middle I don’t tend to wear fitted things and in my head fear looking chunky round there in the dress. When I was initially browsing I always liked the fit and flare/mermaid style dresses most like this but thought they would never suit my figure and kind of resigned myself to needing an a-line shape to hide the belly. But then when I tried them on I looked so frumpy and was shocked that I preferred the style I liked most, on my body! I think I just worry that as it’s not a classic puffed out dress it won’t have that wow as I walk in as the train is behind??? Dresses are so stressful!!
  • N
    Beginner April 2021 Devon
    Nana ·
    • Hide content

Hallo Brittany

It is a stunning dress and it looks beautiful on you, and you have the figure to carry it off!

We are our own worst critics, and leaving our "comfort zone" of our normal day2day dressing style can be very challenging.

I myself am classed as an "older bride" being 58, and despite knowing what I like, and don't like, it has not become any easier ... I have currently 3 dresses at home to try and 3 more on the way. They are all different styles and shapes and colours ... and one by one I am beginning to realise no matter how stunning a dress is, and no matter what others say, it does absolutely need to make ME feel good and enhance MY personality to become "THE ONE" ... and if I can smile at myself in the mirror wearing it I will have found it :-)!!

If you feel goood, you will smile and look goood on your big day, and I wish you all the very best x

• N
    Beginner January 2021 Essex
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    You look amazing and the dress really compliments your figure ❤️?
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

I think the dress really suits your body shape and looks really elegant. I don't think you need puffyness to add the 'wow' factor, but if you wanted to add a little something extra you could always pair it with a sparkly necklace or headpiece. Also don't forget when you're wearing it on the day you will have your hair and make-up done too and won't just be stood in a small room, it will feel totally different.

• J
    Beginner February 2015 Texas
    Jenny ·
    • Hide content

Your Dress is amazing I like this Dress

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely in that dress - and you don't need a big skirt to make a 'wow' entrance. Sometimes people get very worried about not being 'bridal' enough, but I've been to weddings where the bride wore everything from a huge ballgown to a very simple a-line dress, and every single time, there's been a gasp when she comes into view!

You'll be looking your best, walking down the aisle to meet the love of your life, and your friends will all be there to support you - you are guaranteed to look stunning!

• D
    Missouri
    Dany ·
    • Hide content

It’s gorgeous! Stop overthinking it! You look stunning in that beautiful dress! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics