Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heather
Beginner September 2023 Kent

Help haha

Heather, 17 of January of 2021 at 16:12 Posted on Planning 1 2
My partner and i have finally set a date and i have no idea what to do. If im honest all i want to do is get married at a registry office with our 2 children and 2 friends and then have a blessing and a party either the same day of another day. I dont want to pay out a lot of money for one day and i know everyone wont be happy. I also feel awful as my Uncle wouldnt be able to walk me down the isle if we did it this way. Has anyone done something similar and could give some advice id be really grateful

2 replies

Latest activity by Heather, 19 of January of 2021 at 21:49
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You are never going to please everyone, whatever you do, so you need to balance what you want versus the long-term fallout!

Why is it a problem if your uncle doesn't get to walk you down the aisle? Is that something you would like or something your family expects you to do?

If you are happy with a blessing ceremony & party to follow on from the registry office, you could always ask your uncle to be involved in some way in that - perhaps by doing a reading at the blessing.

Weddings can be as simple or as fancy as you make them. There are loads of articles on the Hitched website for how to organise a wedding cheaply. If ours had gone ahead as planned (our reception got cancelled due to Covid), the whole cost for wedding, reception for 30 and a 10 day honeymoon would have been £3,000!

• Heather
    Beginner September 2023 Kent
    Heather ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My Uncle walking me down the isle is more for me, I always thought id have a church wedding. Ive looked at articles about it but more wanted people that had done it or similar to what we were thinking. Did they send out save the dates or not bother. How long of a break did they have between the registry and the blessing same day or a month apart? Was there anything they wished they had done or not done? If im honest i doubted everything when my partner said people will probably say why have a blessing and not just get married at the church. So also looking for some reassurance as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics