Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2011

heart shape wreath of flowers... is that weddingy or more for a funeral???

nickij, 17 of May of 2011 at 10:53 Posted on Planning 0 4

I saw in a wedding magazine a white heart of flowers hung on a church door, i thought it looked quite nice and reasonably easy to make using an oasis shape and lotsa white roses etc... but when i search ebay to buy an oasis heart shaped wreath they all came up as funeral tributes... does this matter?

do u recon anybody would think that or is it all relative to the situation??? help me

thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 17 of May of 2011 at 11:40
  • panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

They look weddingy to me! Love the one with the white roses, very pretty. I think if you hang it with ribbon it stops it looking like a funeral tribute.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I personally think they can look like funeral wreaths, how about a more modern alternative? I made this one for excitedbee

You could decorate tig hearts with more flowers to give them a more modern twist.

I've also made large beaded hearts:

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

We had one but it was more wooden with a few flowers and had some tiny fairy lights in it for the night, looked lovely, will try and find a pic

ETA not the greatest pic but the only one I have on me, you get the idea tho (we didnt have lights on in the day)

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I've made a couple - As long as you use wedding flowers rather than flowers normally used in funeral hearts such as chrystanths, carnations etc, and use some good quality ribbon rather than poly ribbon, it will look weddingy. This is one I did:-

They will always come up as funeral tributes under the foam section if you Google as this is what they are normally used for. But don't let that put you off as florists also use other 'funeral' shapes for weddings such as coffin spray blocks are great for humongous top table arrangements!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few more ideas for you:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics