Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daisy Bell
Beginner August 2015

Hair styles that will hide hearing aids

Daisy Bell, 17 of March of 2015 at 17:14 Posted on Planning 1 10

Hi ladies. I have been wearing hearing aids for about a year now and while they make life a lot easier for me (I have mild to moderate hearing loss, moderate in high frequencies), I am not too keen on them showing so I wear my hair down virtually all of the time. They're quite small and not too noticeable, but if I wore my hair up, they would be visible. Not wearing them isn't an option, so I need my hair styled in a way that the top half of my ears won't be visible.

Have any of you got any ideas for hair styles that would be suitable for a wedding and go with my dress (you can see it here: https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/487950.aspx) as well as would hide my hearing aids? Maybe someone else here is or has been in the same situation?

By the way, this is what my hearing aids look like, they're not huge but they would definitely be visible from the side & back:

Thanks!

10 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 29 of June of 2023 at 19:00
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

I have just googled hair styles up that cover ears and loads of lovely styles came up! Im sure you will find something lovely Smiley smile

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

On that suggestion I googled the same thing, there are some beautiful ones! I love this

This is beautiful but may not fit your theme as well

Love this too

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

My hearing has deteriorated to the point that i'm likely going to be wearing mine the day of my parents party, so i'm having my hair like this:

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

There re are lots of styles that can cover your hearing aids. Have you got Pinterest? It has hundreds on it if not than just google hairstyles :-)

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I must say, you can only see them from the back.

You could have your hair it half up/half down with whispy curls over your ears. Lots of choices, you dont just need your hair all pulled up on the head.

Are you having a veil?

• C
    Beginner September 2015
    Choods87 ·
    • Hide content

I am in exactly the same position as you - I wear a Cochlear Implant after my hearing deteriorated really badly lasy year and left me with virtually no hearing whatsoever. Being the girl that I am, I feel the same about not having it on show and I am always wearing my hair down or in a side plait to cover it up.

I agreen with what the other lovely ladies have been saying about messy/loose updos. Personally I am going for something like:

but with the side part covering more of my ear.

I am also not wearing a veil as I feel that the rustling of it could bother me/hinder hearing of speech!

Good luck deciding on what to do, let us know what you have chosen Smiley smile x

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, some lovely ideas! For some reason I didn't expect there to be so many options, especially for updos.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

You've gotta love hitched for a little helping hand Smiley smile

• V
    Beginner July 2024 East London
    Voreil ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

One option could be to wear your hair down but add some loose curls or waves for a more formal look. Another option could be to do a half-up, half-down style, where the top half of your hair covers your ears. You could also consider a low bun or chignon, with some hair left out to cover your ears.

If you want to add some accessories to your hair, such as a headband or hairpin, make sure they are positioned in a way that still covers your hearing aids.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with Alice on this one they are part of who you are you shouldn't hide them x♥️ sorry

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics