Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Princess_Dimples
Beginner August 2013

Hair Accessories help! Updated with Dress!

Princess_Dimples, 14 of April of 2011 at 13:29 Posted on Planning 0 13

Ok, I know I have ages, but my hair is my biggest issue... its my biggest issue most mornings ?

I've got a family hairdresser doing my hair on the day, as she will charge me a normal price, also she has been cutting my hair since I was 7, and knows how unruley it is!

Anywho... I've decided I would like a french twist. In fact this is how I want it to look

I orginally wanted a Tiara as I don't want a veil, but I don't know if this would work. If not, what could I use instead. I would like something sparkly

Haven't picked my dress yet...I'm doing that a whole week today and can't fricking wait!!!!!!

UPDATED! I've found my dress, and I'm having a veil!!!!

This is it...

/maggie-sottero?style=J1400

I'm also having a cathedral length veil with scattered crystals...it looks amazing with this dress.

I would now like a side tiara made of crystals aswell...nothing too big, but also nothing too small! Any suggestions.

Oh and the dress and veil and white!

13 replies

Latest activity by babyw, 22 of April of 2011 at 17:23
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chelle,

A tiara will def work with that style as you have enough height at the crown. Do you have any preference over traditional style tiaras, bands or side tiaras?

Can you let us have a bit more detail about your dress? Will crystals or pearls be best for you? (ETA: Sorry missed that you don't have your dress yet!)

I've posted a few different ideas below so you can see some different styles that will suit your hair style.

BANDS

Glamour Puss (or there is an all crystal version called Ice Princess or an all pearl version called Natalie - all of which can be found on this page http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/tiaras_bands_bands.html)

SIDE TIARA

A side tiara would work equally as well as it would sit just wear the sweeping fringe meets the height. All the ones shown below and more can be found here http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/tiaras_bands_side.html and there are some smaller side tiaras (designed for bridesmaids http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/bridesmaids_bands.html)

TRADITIONAL TIARAS

If you chose a traditonial style tiara I'd keep it quite low in height.

COMBS OR PINS

If you were happy to not have any sparkle/pearls at the front of you hairstyle then a comb would work beautifully in a french twist. A longer comb like Waltz below would work at the back and a smaller comb like Nouveau could be slotted in the side. Again a few ideas below and more combs can be found here http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/combs.html

Hope that helps. Lots more designs on www.louloubelle.co.uk - please do drop me an email on ****@***********.**.** if you'd like any advice or suggestions specific to your dress or a bespoke piece designed.

Lisa x

• Princess_Dimples
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess_Dimples ·
    • Hide content

HI, thanks for the suggestions... don't have dress yet. Will be going dress shopping next week.

I like the first couple of tiaras...they could work.

Not sure how I would get height into the back???!!!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Your hair dresser will be able to achieve it no problems (its not that high compared to other styles I've seen) either with lots of backcombing or a "bumpit" to placed under the hair.

Have edited with some comb ideas but personally I'd go for a side tiara or band as it will look beautiful with that hair style.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

A lot depends on your dress style, the colour of it and the beads perhaps used on the dress as well so it will be interesting to know what dress you decide on as some dresses suit side tiaras better than others, some suit the more princessey tiaras etc so here are a few ideas for inspiration. Anything can be adapted to suit as well so materials can be changed as well as the actual design.

This is my Florence range which at the moment is available in a double band and comb but further designs will be added including a single band for brides and bridesmaids http://lynseysdesigns.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/fgallery/fim_photos.php?album=limited-edition-designs&image=L6[1].JPG

For something a bit different this was designed for a previous customer with the same hairstyle as you want

If you are concerned about the height and didn't like the results the hairdresser can achieve then double bands are perfect

This has been my most popular design and I'm even getting orders from Canada and the US for it.

So many options for you to choose from so I've just picked some different ideas to show you. Have a nosey on my website www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk and the facebook page is packed full of previous designs as well as loads of customers wearing their designs which is good so you can see how everything can look together http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=31431&id=138437779505448.

If you want to ask any questions feel free to email and you don't need to have your dress sorted to fire queries at me so don't hesitate to get in touch. x

• Princess_Dimples
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess_Dimples ·
    • Hide content

Thank you girls...I like the idea of the double or single band.

I will let you know what dress i choose hopefully next Friday!!!! Fingers crossed.

• Princess_Dimples
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess_Dimples ·
    • Hide content

Updated at top of page!!! I have a dress! x

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is absolutely stunning! Love the hair style too!

Personally I think something simple would be best to not take the focus off your gorgeous dress! I would go with a single band or a delicate traditional tiara if I was you.

HTH

xxx

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Oh your dress is beautiful! Is the detailing more diamante than crystals?

If so something like Charleston would be nice and the band could be covered with alternating crystals and diamante.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I have a few to add into the mix here

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Lovely dress and it might have been yourself that has already emailed me otherwise it's another bride with the same dress and I am very glad I'm married as I'd be wobbling big style now!

This design can be designed in 2 ways with the side element being positioned vertically

Any questions feel free to drop me an email ******@**************.**.**. Price wise the non Swarovski elements come in cheaper so a single band is around £50, double around £75 and the Swarovski elements are a bit more expensive. x

• babyw
    Beginner
    babyw ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is stunning! Really is.

I would be happy to help too if you are still looking for a side headband. I also make one - off designs as well as bespoke. Feel free to have a look on my site or we have just done a photo shoot so some images are here http://weddingandbaby.blogspot.com/2011/04/vintage-wedding-photoshoot-for-wedding.html

Hope to chat soon.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics