Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
B
Do night schools exist anymore?
, 22 of February of 2009 at 09:00

I'm not even sure I'm asking with the right phrase. My Dad did O & A levels at night school (is that what it's called?), back in the mists of time. I did my A Levels at 6th Form, but lately have...

Jose, 37 minutes ago 12 1,868
jelly baby
Cleaning laminate flooring
jelly baby, 13 of August of 2008 at 12:19

How do you clean your laminate floor ? I keep seeing loads of "miracle" items such as special cloths, mops etc. So what do you use or what can you recommend ? Oh yes - I have a very exciting life ! ...

Joseph, yesterday at 17:26 8 525
Maddie
Looking for reliable phone number rental options
Maddie, 18 of March of 2024 at 17:27

Hi, I'm tired of disposable numbers getting blocked. I don't want to expose my personal phone. Do you know where I can rent a reliable one?

Fissy, yesterday at 09:01 4 58
C
Crypto Recovery
Callum, 6 of March of 2024 at 16:06

I invested in crypto through this website JuBoCoin, which the crypto broker gave me, it was a smooth and jolly good ride. I kept investing because I could see the numbers on my profits from my...

Fissy, yesterday at 08:55 5 58 1
E
With the right support you can recover your coins
Edvin, 7 of March of 2024 at 16:03

Hi, about a week ago my ETH was transferred to a wallet address I do not recognize. I never did this nor do I approve the transaction. I feel like I have been hacked/phished. I was able to trace this...

Anita, tuesday 26-Mar-24 3 22
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Questions for people who get coldsores
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 27 of September of 2012 at 12:20

Do they always appear in the same place/under the same circumstances/look the same/run the same course? I have had two coldsores (I think) in my life, both under my nose, appearing after a heavy cold...

Uzma, monday 25-Mar-24 31 2,549
MBK
Has anyone used a Business Coach?
MBK, 14 of November of 2008 at 18:56

If so was the investment worth it?

Uzma, monday 25-Mar-24 11 1,124
Koshka
Profiteroles-stuck
Koshka, 30 of June of 2008 at 10:11

I was nominated by my brother to cook profiteroles for a family meal today. We're meeting and I think/feel trying to impress his new girlfriend. I followed the Gorden Ramsey recipe, placing them on...

Uzma, monday 25-Mar-24 19 2,234
O
Window repair in an old house
Olivia, 27 of September of 2023 at 08:36

Hi all! My parents gave me a wedding gift. This is our family house in a small cozy town. This is a great place. My grandfather built this house and my husband and I want to live there. but first we...

Jonathan, monday 25-Mar-24 12 213
Diamond Star Halo
Pirates of the Caribbean party theme - ideas for food/games etc
Diamond Star Halo, 14 of January of 2009 at 21:11

I'm just starting to plan my son's birthday party, and he's asked for a Pirates of the Caribbean themed party. I quite enjoy making an effort for these things, especially if fancy dress is involved,...

Anita, sunday 24-Mar-24 3 2,886
Sare
Bellini..where can I get the peach bit?
Sare, 15 of May of 2008 at 20:54

I'm going to a friend's house for a "Cocktail Sleepover" tommorrow and I said I'd make Bellini's. I have Prosecco but I know the proper version is made with white peach puree, which I can't get hold...

Jacques, friday 22-Mar-24 14 26,807
P
Anyone know any good family party games?
pinkcat31, 30 of December of 2008 at 18:52

We're having a small gathering tomorow night, just five adults, 11 year old and a 14 year old and we need some really daft games to play! The sillier the better please cos we need lots of giggles as...

WayneRodriguez, thursday 21-Mar-24 17 2,198
*ginni of the lamp*
Games for a Christmas Fayre-make me look good!
*ginni of the lamp*, 4 of November of 2008 at 21:55

We need some new ideas for games for our school Christmas fayre - we have things like throwing as many beanbags as possible into rudoph's mouth in x seconds, bagatelle, that kind of thing. So...if you...

Alex, monday 18-Mar-24 2 9,692
H
Wedding website question
Hayes, 1 of March of 2024 at 21:02

Hi, looking to have a page on the website for guests to suggest song choices for the evening celebrations, is this possible, only see the questionnaire section but seems to be only closed questions...

Suky, monday 18-Mar-24 2 44
B
How to delete my account?
, 17 of October of 2013 at 15:21

Hi, Can anyone tell me or knows how I can delete my account please?

Suky, sunday 17-Mar-24 8 2,786 1
Sarah
Wedshoots
Sarah, 14 of March of 2024 at 09:46

Has anyone used wedshoot and the function to project photos live as the night goes on using a projector... how do i do it. ?

Sarah, thursday 14-Mar-24 4
baublegirl
Bathroom cleaning - with what/how often/what makes it easier etc (boring, sorry)
baublegirl, 8 of April of 2009 at 15:13

OK - have just thoroughly cleaned our bathrooms, and that was a grim job. I feel like I don't really know the best way to keep on top of things (years of shared bathrooms where we emplyed a cleaner...

Joseph, friday 8-Mar-24 20 3,030
Wuzzle
What was the best/most thoughtful wedding present you received?
Wuzzle, 6 of January of 2009 at 12:05

My best friend is getting married in a few months and I am being her briedsmaid. I want to get them something really special as a present but am drawing a blank on ideas. She loves chocolate, so I was...

Edvin, thursday 7-Mar-24 28 40,022
B
Any advice for my troublesome, very sensitive skin?
, 1 of March of 2016 at 23:20

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone out there would be able to give me some advice, provide recommendations, etc for my skin. I have had eczema since I was six weeks old and always suffered with my...

Dry, thursday 7-Mar-24 8 2,662
T
Changing my surname after marriage - without changing it in my passport
Tanita, 5 of March of 2024 at 21:59

Hi, I am a Dutch national and have lived in the UK for the past 11 years. I am getting married in April and I never realised that the Dutch government doesn't allow you to change your surname because...

Tanita, tuesday 5-Mar-24 32
Doughnut
Masters degree people - failing assignments
Doughnut, 12 of July of 2009 at 13:13

I've looked at the marking scheme and I'm not going to pass the assignment I'm submitting today. Studying at home/ online is harder than I ever imagined and I find it very hard to learn without...

Ronnie, tuesday 5-Mar-24 24 6,647
C
Period due on wedding day - help?!
Christie, 25 of February of 2024 at 18:56

Hi all! I'm very regular and according to my period tracker, I will start my period on my wedding day! Obviously I want to avoid this as much as possible! White dress, logistics, pain etc!! I am...

Ronnie, tuesday 5-Mar-24 4 154
Mellow_Yellow
PGDE/PGCE in Primary - advice please?
Mellow_Yellow, 23 of November of 2013 at 13:43

I am going to fail, I can see it happening but I don't know what to do. My lessons are good, my teaching style is good, but I can't keep up with the paperwork that the Uni expect me to do. Any advice?...

Ronnie, tuesday 5-Mar-24 24 7,774
R
Help with questionnaire on wedding website
Robyn, 22 of February of 2024 at 12:54

Hi all I created a questionnaire on my wedding website but I can't see who has responded. If I go into the "Edit" view I can see 2 people have responded but not who they are. I unfortunately need to...

Emilia, monday 4-Mar-24 3 40
E
Work clothes help required
emmaloo166, 28 of March of 2009 at 12:25

Hi, I'm due to start work on Monday in a Social work contact department. I haven't worked properly for 5 years so have no idea what to wear. The dress advice is smart causal. When I went for the...

Alex, tuesday 27-Feb-24 13 846
Iris
Wasp sting allergy- what to do?
Iris, 10 of August of 2009 at 22:32

I got stung by a wasp almost 2 years ago. It stung me under my armpit, within 20 minutes it was red an swollen past my elbow. I went to the walk in centre, got given antihistamines and told it was an...

Nilesh, monday 26-Feb-24 6 3,025
Katrina
Pleasing parents compromise
Katrina, 14 of February of 2024 at 21:16

I just wanted a small intimate wedding close family only. I shared with my Dad our guest list he said he felt offended that I didn't invite more of his family I have more of my mums side as I am...

Nilesh, monday 26-Feb-24 8 112
summer solstice
Leak coming from upstairs in a flat - help what should I do? long sorry!
summer solstice, 30 of August of 2008 at 23:44

I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...

Nilesh, sunday 25-Feb-24 9 41,495
Hugo Brambles
How much room do you give when driving round a parked car?
Hugo Brambles, 27 of August of 2009 at 09:49

OH always tells me off that I'm too close whenever I drive past a parked car. I do squeeze past I suppose partly as I have a tiny car, I'm on the road all day but mostly because I judge there to be...

Nilesh, sunday 25-Feb-24 7 3,329
D
Adding Hotel links
David, 27 of January of 2024 at 13:02

Can you add a link for guests to click on to an external hotel website?

Bogdan, monday 19-Feb-24 3 38
Panjita
Hen Party Games
Panjita, 3 of May of 2012 at 09:08

It's my mates Hen this weekend and I am struggling to think of games to play. We will be out and about in Brum so it can't be anything too 'active' if you see what I mean? Just something funny like Mr...

BradsLa, sunday 18-Feb-24 16 9,068
pandorasbox
Decorating help again please
pandorasbox, 21 of May of 2013 at 12:27

I am so helpless at sorting my life out, can anyone give me some tips on how to make my living room nice please? We had our hideous fireplace out and the builders have put up the dado rail again,...

Kyle, saturday 17-Feb-24 7 1,651

General groups

Hitched article topics