Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyPinkHair15172
Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside

Fresh Flowers - cost and environmental impact

HappyPinkHair15172, 4 of July of 2020 at 16:38 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello everyone.

I hope you are all keeping safe and well, especially today, as some lockdown restrictions ease!

I just wanted to say that for anyone in Liverpool or the surrounding area, Lush (the cosmetics and toiletries place) has an in-store florist in their Liverpool branch. It's currently the only one in the country, but I believe there are plans to roll them out nationwide eventually.

The reaseon why I am posting this information is that they do Wedding flowers! They only use sustainable, local and in season flowers and foliage. My quote for 1 Bridal bouquet, 2 adult Bridesmaids bouquets, 1 Groom's boutonierre, 5 large corsages and 50 buttonholes was less than £400!

My local florist wanted over £900 for the same! As the florist in Lush pointed out, the majority of the cost is labour, and that is already paid for by Lush, as the staff would be in store anyway.

I did look at paper flowers made locally, but at £14.50 per buttonhole they were unfortunately way out of our price range.

I'm not affiliated with Lush, neither am I being paid to post this information, but I just thought it might help my fellow Liverpool area Brides!

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 6 of July of 2020 at 13:16
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds lovely - what flowers are you having?

I've just to make a last-minute change of florist as my original one has sadly had to close due to Covid (we're getting married next week!), but I've found a local farm shop that has a florist attached, and they use local, seasonal flowers - I'm so happy to have found a supplier like this!

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there.

All good wishes for your big day! !I'm sure it will be wonderful.

We've postponed our September wedding for 12 months, so I'm not sure what will be available. I don't need to do anything until about next May.

I'm just thrilled at the environmental and financial saving!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the good wishes! Our wedding should have been last month, and we decided we would marry as soon as we could after restrictions lifted - it's taken a while to convince our registrar, but they finally agreed a couple of days ago. It won't be the wedding we had planned but we are going to enjoy what we can have, not mourn what we're missing!

Have you thought of starting a blog about low cost/environmentally friendly weddings? There does seem to be a real increase in interest in this area, but it's often hard to find ideas, especially that combine the two!

E.g. I looked for sustainable floristry and the prices were over £100 just for a small bouquet. My current florist isn't marketing herself as sustainable, she just is! And I'm paying under £60 for a bouquet and buttonhole.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya.

I hadn't thought of a blog, but it might be something to do during lockdown! I have made most of our decorations myself from recycled items, so it might be worth doing as a business, I really have enjoyed it all, it's been so relaxing and mindfull!

Cheers

Ali

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics