Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashton
Beginner June 2022 Alpes-Maritimes

France Wedding June 2021

Ashton, 15 of December of 2020 at 20:34 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 11

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are due to get married in Grasse in France in June 2021. We have not cancelled thus far as felt it too early and felt more positive with vaccine news as each day goes by.

Our suppliers are wonderful but sometimes a tad slow at coming back to us (we don't mind as know they have had a nightmare this year!) so I just wondered if anyone has any intelligence on the situation for weddings in France or have heard any feedback from Suppliers? Our venue is a private home just outside of Nice so it's not too remote and thus far all suppliers are still in business per our knowledge.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can share anything.

Warmest wishes,

Ashton

11 replies

Latest activity by Millie, 13 of July of 2021 at 23:54
  • Dancingdee
    Beginner September 2021 Dordogne
    Dancingdee ·
    • Hide content
    Hello we're getting married in France sep 21!! I'm positive your day will be perfect ? as far as I'm aware weddings are going ahead as normal with upto 30 guests at the moment. Our suppliers are all confirmed but they are very relaxed in France. My hair lady is a bit of a mare when it comes to replying but I've had a trial and my planner knows her so confident all will be OK. Have you booked everything?xxx
  • Ashton
    Ashton ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your reply! Sep will be lovely. I have emailed some of the suppliers to check-in before the end of the year but no replies yet although I am also used to this as they are a little slower than here! I suppose also nobody really knows but we will just keep our fingers crossed. We have contracted everything except Hair and Makeup and Entertainment which we are struggling with so hoping we can pick something up in the new year i.e. DJ and String Quartet etc. Because all the Hair people I tried were booked I thought worst case we can just book a salon in Cannes on the morning of the wedding or pick one up in the new year too.

• Carolyn
    Beginner September 2021 Hertfordshire
    Carolyn ·
    • Hide content

Hi - our wedding is planned 19th June, in Beduer in Figeac. We had to postpone from June 2020 and we're expecting 65 people. We haven't cancelled as hoping things will clear quickly. My concern is that friends and family do not feel comfortable travelling (most guests coming from UK and Canada) or that the the requirement of a negative will still stand and therefore costing a family of 4 over £900! We have emailed our suppliers but unfortunately there is no later date available this summer and I really don't want to push to 2022. I do know that our Chateau was able to host a wedding of 60/70 people last summer - so I am hopefully that as long as we can travel, then the wedding can go ahead! Fingers crossed for you too!

• Ashton
    Ashton ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Carolyn. I've actually just had a call from my contact at Maison Options - good for them for being pro-active and reaching out! They said they are advising to keep booked for June onwards and still have bookings in April and May they want to try and squeeze in if they can but might have restrctions. I agree the challenge may not be making it happen but the extra cost it might be for people buying the tests to fly... I have family in American and one of my bridesmaids is in Australia and they are worried about having to show being vaccinated to travel which won't be by June for their ages but let's see. All we can do for now is to try and stay positive. Good luck too and perhaps we can all update some posts with anything we hear as we head towards March!

• C
    Beginner June 2021 Lot-et-Garonne
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone!

Been looking at forums the last couple of weeks and struggled to find French weddings, so pleased I found this one :-)

We are June this year after postponing from last year, staying positive and if we can even get there and have 30 guests, we are happy!

Staying positive for us all xx

• Carolyn
    Beginner September 2021 Hertfordshire
    Carolyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, just to let you know we’ve decided to postpone our wedding to 18th September. The chateau had one available weekend so we took it and surprisingly have been able to keep all our suppliers. From talking to our suppliers it seems like a lot of people are rescheduling to 2022 ?I hope yours works out as planned xx
  • J
    Beginner June 2021 South West London
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    Hi ladies,
    I wondered if any of you had heard anything further about the wedding situation in France? We are due to get married in June 19th. Our venue has no availability this year, other than October 15th, which is too risky as our whole event is outside with limited cover for rain, so it would need to be 2022 which I really don’t want to do. I’m holding out hope, but would love to hear your thoughts. Anyone got any scoop about when the government might open up for ‘tourism’ again? Sending lots of love to all the concerned brides and grooms xxx
  • Ashton
    Ashton ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone,

We have sadly now decided to move to June 2022... my partner and I have family in America and Australia and it's looking increasingly likely that they would not be able to make it. Things seem to be getting tighter, not better, due to these new variants causing concern over the vaccine roll-out and my fiance has also been made redundant so financially it takes the pressure off a bit too.

It was a hard choice and I can relate regarding body clock - we have even discussed trying to have a baby before next June! So who knows! I'm in my mid-thirties so it is on our mind too.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you all as I do think people will be able to have them in summer I suppose it just depends where your guests are travelling from and if you're happy to try and not let it ruin your build up...

Sending my best wishes to everyone!

Ashton

• J
    Beginner August 2021 West London
    Jos ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread and so helpful to see other people trying to plan a French wedding this summer. We were June 2021 and moved to August 2021 in hope that this may be ok but it's so hard to know what's going to be possible with the situation in France right now. Wondered what everyone else was thinking and if people are still keeping positive for this summer?

Thanks x

• S
    Beginner September 2021 West London
    Shez ·
    • Hide content

Hi all. Have ours booked in Provence for September 2021 but thinking to move to May 2022, which would be sad but we'd rather have a wedding with no/limited restrictions!

Disappointing that the French government haven't commented on timelines, it's really adding to the stress. We haven't sent invites out and are holding off on booking things like a hairdresser/make-up artist until I've been out to have a trial (who knows when that'll be Smiley atonished )

• Millie
    Beginner September 2021 Surrey
    Millie ·
    • Hide content

Hey everyone. I wonder if anyone is still planning to get married this summer in France

We have postpones from 2020 to this September 2021. Our venue is in Condom (near Bordeaux)

I wondered if anyone had found any helpful info or your venue has given you any advice on planning tests for your guests?

All our guests are double vaccinated, we have everything else booked but we are struggling to understand the rules on tests needed in & out of France... I would be so grateful for any info.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics