Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Autumnroseee
Dedicated December 2022

FLASH ME YOUR WEDDING CAKES!

Autumnroseee, 21 of May of 2012 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 85

Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas for wedding cakes?

there's a few I've been like "oh that nice!" but no "I love it I have to have it!"

So what cakes are you guys having/ planning to have?

plus what filings and stuff!

Thanks lovelies! Smiley smile x

85 replies

Latest activity by RedKitchie, 4 of September of 2012 at 17:38
  • Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

This was our wedding cake:

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

Oh my lord! the mini ice cream cones are so cute! x

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

I love the cheese icing on carrot cake! does that make me wierd?
    sounds yummy though...
    My OH wants to have lots of cheese cakes... I'm not sure how that would work though! haha x

• A
    Beginner April 2012
    abi137 ·
    • Hide content

we had ours from millies cookies as neither myself or hubby likes wedding cake,it was made up of their cookie whirls and a big celebration one

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

This is ours, carrot/chocolate/lemon/plain tiers. Had seen something a little more 'dramatic', but this is £200 and within our budget.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lego, thomas the tank engine, mini ice creams, and oreos all in one cake. This is immense

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Spangler's cake was amazing.

I wanted rustic looking - my mam made mine.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

After a complete change of plan, I am having something much simpler than I thought I originally wanted! Like this:

But with the flower centres brushed slightly pink and leaves brished slightly green Smiley smile

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

We are going for a cheese cake

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

This is ours, its going to be pale green instead of blue and the the flavours are top: chocolate, middle: carrot, bottom: fruit.

• E
    Beginner July 2012
    emmanholmes84 ·
    • Hide content

How do i put pictures on here really wanna show u mine xx

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kelly G ·
    • Hide content

This is mine costing £300, bottom tier is front, 2nd tier lemon, 3rd plain and 4th Chocolate.

Im considering having the pearl icing in pink but havent made my mind up yet! : )

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

If you hover over the icon that looks like a film reel with a plus next to it, it says "Insert Media" click on it and there should be easy instructions to follow to upload pictures Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner
    LittleSal ·
    • Hide content

Kharv yours is amazing it looks so professional my mother would never be able to manage that haha!xx

• E
    Beginner July 2012
    emmanholmes84 ·
    • Hide content

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

Oh so cute with the names on! Smiley smile x

• E
    Beginner July 2012
    emmanholmes84 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah

there not our names tho lol

• Autumnroseee
    Dedicated December 2022
    Autumnroseee ·
    • Hide content

You'll have your names on your cake though right? Smiley tongue x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. It's a little more rustic than it should be due to getting stuck in a traffic jam for 5 hours on the hottest day of the year. They salvaged it pretty well though, I think!

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Spangler - Did you have a little sign on your table letting everyone know the flavours?

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

my vintage cake, sponge, lemon and chocolate Smiley laugh

• E
    Beginner July 2012
    emmanholmes84 ·
    • Hide content

Yes hun xx

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi - yes we did. The cupcake lady printed a list off with pictures & popped it in a frame.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, may consider doing something like this as i think we'll have about 4 different flavours or maybe we could make some flavour flags and put these on 4 cupcakes of these to let people know.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

If you're thinking of flags, I'd put them on more than four cupcakes as they might well be taken by those first up to eat them; so the rest of your guests would be left somewhat confused!

• aliellen30
    Beginner July 2014
    aliellen30 ·
    • Hide content

This is going to be our 3 of these the white chocolate one as above a milk and a dark one and a solid chocolate plaque with out day details on them Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    catew ·
    • Hide content

I am going for these the cupid one will be coconut cake with dark choc truffle then the two flanking it will be one chocolate with white choc truffle the other lemon cake with white choc truffle Smiley smile

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Like you, we couldn't find anything that made us say "wow thats the one" but there were lots of that we liked elements of so we just pictures of cakes that we liked parts of to our cake lady and said "HELP!" Haha, bless her, she got to work straight away drawing us sketches and stuff and finally came up with a design that we think will look fabulous. Bit nervous that we won't get to see the actual cake until the day though but I trust the lady so I'm sure it will be as fab as we hope. We're having 4 tiers, 1 chocolate with caramel filling, 1 vanilla sponge and jam, 1 lemon spong with lemon curd and cream and 1 white chocolate sponge with chocolate ganache filling. The cake will be desert for our evening buffet so we wanted there to be lots of choice for the guests.

I like your OH's lots of cheesecakes suggestion, I would have loved this but H2B hates cheesecake so it wasn't really an option for us, I love this picture though:

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    catew ·
    • Hide content

aliellen30 I couldnt decided between thoses ones and the ones we went for for flaking the middle one ?

• aliellen30
    Beginner July 2014
    aliellen30 ·
    • Hide content

Oh i love them the marshmellows are toooo good lol the weird way we are attmpeing to plan the wedding i need a cake i can order and it not be too much hassle

plus well lets face it its chocywhoccy has to be and i think the sculpted chocolate wont go with the theme of out day

yours are gonna be so scrummy i hope u get brides perogative to have the chocolate decs on top lol xxx

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    catew ·
    • Hide content

My wedding seems to be turning into a chocolate and sweet fest, we are having sweet trees instead of flowers and a candy table! people will have to fight me for the chocolate decs lol! I have lost 6 stone over the last 8 months with 3 more to lose before I get married to fit into my dress so on the day I will have a burn out Smiley smile

• aliellen30
    Beginner July 2014
    aliellen30 ·
    • Hide content

Smiley surprise omg well done you can i ahev your secret and your will power once you are done with it please i have mamaged a stone on 2 months lol how poor of and effort is that! errmmmm just realised i am currently eating haribo lol hmmmmm i see where i may be going off course lol

The sweet trees sound awesome i have seen someone on fb making them they look so cool xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics