FLASH ME YOUR WEDDING CAKES!

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 6 of 6 (87 items) First< Previous23456
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 1 Jul 2012 16:32

Re: FLASH ME YOUR WEDDING CAKES!

Bimey Poppyseed- that's amazing! WELL DONE!

• Posted: 1 Jul 2012 19:43

Tracey86:

Bimey Poppyseed- that's amazing! WELL DONE!

Thank you, I am very pleased with it, but took a long time to do!

• Posted: 3 Jul 2012 18:45

Hi lucindaveronique,

We're getting married at Coombe Lodge on 24th March 2013...I LOVE it, fell in love as soon as I saw it. OH wanted Avon Gorge hotel but I won! 

Im not familiar with Shortwood Lodge, I'll have a look now. When's ur big day?

Can't wait for people to see (and try) our doughnut cake, What's ur guest to doughnut ratio?! We're having 90 Guests, and having the smaller doughnuts, so gone for 150 doughnuts! 

• Posted: 3 Jul 2012 21:53

Hiya Elzbells

I've heard of Coombe Lodge but its kind of the otherside of town for mine and OHs family! Shortwood Lodge done us a deal we couldn't refuse as OH is a plumber and done some work round there a few times!!! They also own Tracey Park, that's more of a weddingy venue (if you know what I mean!) but we couldn't afford their prices!!!

Our venue advised that we cater for 85% for food so based our doughnut order on that too! We're having 100(ish) guests and waiting for the last of the rsvps to come in! We did initially say 85 doughnuts but am thinking a few more now!!! We're having the smaller sized ones as I thought they looked really nice and fitted well on the tower.  Are you hiring the tower too? Do you reckon they'll give us some labels for the different flavours?!

Our wedding is soon and its scarey - 21st September eekkkk!!!!

• Posted: 3 Jul 2012 22:02

Ours....

Cake topper...

• Posted: 3 Sep 2012 16:37

this is what we are having but there is going to be different colour flowers and decorations on which my mum is leaving for a surprise

• Posted: 4 Sep 2012 0:43

Madagascan Vanilla Cupcake tower with the most amazing frosting. Hubby and I had the giant cupcake, and there was a seperate cake for the children x

• Posted: 4 Sep 2012 16:59

Vanilla sponge cupcakes with butter cream frosting and top tear wuth a jam and butter cream filling = LUSH!!

• Posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:07

charchar:

I want it!!

• Posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:07

Our is a based on this with smooth icing:

Having, Lemon Curd at the top, Madeira then Fruit.

• Posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:11

Here's mine, for my Hello Kitty, halloween themed wedding. Considering it was my first attempt at baking, I was quite chuffed with how it turned out. Just plain vanilla sponge here. Didn't see the point in anything fancy, as i only had 2 guests Laugh

• Posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:38

autumnroseee:

I love the cheese icing on carrot cake! does that make me wierd?
    sounds yummy though...
    My OH wants to have lots of cheese cakes... I'm not sure how that would work though! haha x 

Does he mean cakes made of rounds of cheese, or the biscuit based cheesecake? My OH liked the idea of cheesecake (the dessert) so I would have bought one of those cake stands that holds each cake individually (rather than have them piled on each other.)

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 6 of 6 (87 items) First< Previous23456