Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2017 Co Antrim

Felt ugly on my wedding day

Heather, 6 of August of 2020 at 08:56 Posted on Just Married 0 1
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone felt like they really didn’t look their best on their wedding day? I actually got married 2 years ago and have criticised myself ever since and am convinced I looked awful. I’m really self critical but when I see other brides, I feel like I looked so awful compared to them. I only really like a handful of the photos and the rest were really not very flattering at all. I never really felt comfortable in my dress and was so self conscious that I looked big and everything about me just looked awful. I’m now convinced that people are going to remember me as an ugly bride which I know is an awful thing to say. Just wondering has anyone else felt like this at all? I have attached some photos. I really don’t like the last three at all. I’m not looking for sympathy or anything, just wondered if anyone else felt the same. I just wish I could stop thinking about it and stop ripping myself to shreds!!
Felt ugly on my wedding day 1Felt ugly on my wedding day 2
Felt ugly on my wedding day 3Felt ugly on my wedding day 4
Felt ugly on my wedding day 5
Felt ugly on my wedding day 6

1 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 21 of August of 2020 at 14:18
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hello lovely.

You are BEAMING, positively BEAMING in these photos, as is everyone else.

Stop being so hard on yourself, you look so happy and beautiful, and your Groom is absolutely besotted with you, its easy to see!

I think that women are always harder on themselves; we constantly compare ourselves to others, especially those who live completely different lives to us.

Yes, I would look different/younger/thinner/more fashionable/brighter/etc.etc.etc IF I had.....(insert name of advantage here), but facing facts, I am a 50 year old second time bride with a life's worth of experience etched in my face. My body is sagging and my hair and eyebrows are greying. So what? I fix what I can within reason and that's enough. (if you want to see the ravages of time look at my pics on here!) My fiance loves me just as I am. Your fella loves you just as you are, too, otherwise you guys wouldn't be married!

I don't know how old you are, but I know from having two daughters in their 20's, and working with older children just how influential social media and celebrity lifestyle imagery can be. A woman's worst enemy is an airbrushed/photoshopped image! These are NOT real pictures. Why should we try and compete with a false representation of what a woman "should" look like? (and not just women, men suffer from this too!). Its time we realised and celebrated our differences, who would want to be a clone?

I think you look amazing. Your photos show how happy you are and that is always beautiful to see. The only thing "ugly" here is your opinion of yourself. You are gorgeous, you are loved and you are happy, what more could anyone ask for? Be kind to yourself, you've got everything going for you!

Much love

Ali xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics