Does our ceremony room need decorating?

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 29 Jun 2015 11:21

Does our ceremony room need decorating?

We're getting married in the room below then having the wedding breakfast in a marquee. I've put loads of thought into decoration for the marquee but haven't really got anything for the ceremony room. Do you think it needs anything? We're not having chair covers because the chairs are fine and we're not having much in terms of flowers to keep costs down. I'm worried it looks a bit plain.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 11:27

Re: Does our ceremony room need decorating?

I think it looks fine as it is..... Not sure what extra you could do anyway (except add flowers which would be pointless anyway imo!) Smile

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 12:06

RE:Does our ceremony room need decorating?

I really like the room the way it is, it has got some nice features and looks quite grand. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you can spend that money on something else.
  • Posted: 29 Jun 2015 12:09

The focal point is the window and the chandeliers so i don't think there is much you can do and I don't think it really needs anything.  If you can afford it, maybe a flower arrangement for the table at the front of the room (this can be moved and used as the flower arrangement on the top table) but this is optional.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 12:18

I think the room looks good as it is, it doesn't really need anything.

You'll only be in there for a relatively short time anyway, I would focus on the marquee decoration.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 13:10

The room looks perfect as it is, no need for anything else.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 14:21

AnnaMolly:

I think the room looks good as it is, it doesn't really need anything.

You'll only be in there for a relatively short time anyway, I would focus on the marquee decoration.

^^^

WSS! AnnaMolly is completely right, plus people will remember the marquee section more as you will be there more.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 14:53

I presume that's the table you will sit at the sign the register?  You can just put your bouquet on it when you are signing and that will dress it up enough for pictures.  That's what I'm doing.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 14:58

I don't think this rooms need any additional decoration. The focal point is the lovely light fixture and then there will be you and your OH and all eyes will be on you two. We didn't bother with decorating our ceremony room either, we'll only be in there for about half an hour anyway.

• Posted: 29 Jun 2015 16:28

It looks gorgeous as it is, definitely not plain! If you're not having the covers you could maybe tie a small bunch of (cheap) flowers to some of the chairs along the aisle, like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/189854940516093447/.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)