Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bliss_balloons

Does our ceremony room need decorating?

bliss_balloons , 29 of June of 2015 at 11:21 Posted on Planning 0 8

We're getting married in the room below then having the wedding breakfast in a marquee. I've put loads of thought into decoration for the marquee but haven't really got anything for the ceremony room. Do you think it needs anything? We're not having chair covers because the chairs are fine and we're not having much in terms of flowers to keep costs down. I'm worried it looks a bit plain.

8 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsMarshall, 29 of June of 2015 at 16:28
  • I
    Beginner June 2016
    inovermyhead ·
    • Hide content

I think it looks fine as it is..... Not sure what extra you could do anyway (except add flowers which would be pointless anyway imo!) ?

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    Jade8 ·
    • Hide content

I really like the room the way it is, it has got some nice features and looks quite grand. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you can spend that money on something else.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

The focal point is the window and the chandeliers so i don't think there is much you can do and I don't think it really needs anything. If you can afford it, maybe a flower arrangement for the table at the front of the room (this can be moved and used as the flower arrangement on the top table) but this is optional.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I think the room looks good as it is, it doesn't really need anything.

You'll only be in there for a relatively short time anyway, I would focus on the marquee decoration.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

The room looks perfect as it is, no need for anything else.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^

WSS! AnnaMolly is completely right, plus people will remember the marquee section more as you will be there more.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I presume that's the table you will sit at the sign the register? You can just put your bouquet on it when you are signing and that will dress it up enough for pictures. That's what I'm doing.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I don't think this rooms need any additional decoration. The focal point is the lovely light fixture and then there will be you and your OH and all eyes will be on you two. We didn't bother with decorating our ceremony room either, we'll only be in there for about half an hour anyway.

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

It looks gorgeous as it is, definitely not plain! If you're not having the covers you could maybe tie a small bunch of (cheap) flowers to some of the chairs along the aisle, like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/189854940516093447/.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics