Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyPinkHair15172
Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside

diy Brides

HappyPinkHair15172, 21 of July of 2020 at 20:54 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hi everyone.
I'm a bit of a bargainista, and love making things, too.
During lockdown, I've been making decorations for our wedding, which has been postponed until next September.
These hanging decorations were finished today. I bought the signs, painted them first with primer, then 2 coats of spray paint, and then all the florals were added today. I'd love some feedback on these! diy Brides 1
diy Brides 2
diy Brides 3
diy Brides 4
diy Brides 5
diy Brides 6
diy Brides 7

8 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 6 of August of 2020 at 14:22
  • A
    Beginner July 2020 Cambridgeshire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content

They look amazing Smiley smile I've hand made all my invitations (took forever but worth it) had friends help make flowers for tables, wedding favours everything, just think it gives you big day the personal touch.

Enjoy Smiley smile

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amanda

I am thinking of making our invitations, too! Do you have any suppliers or tutorials you'd recommend?

Cheers,

Ali

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used 120gsm A4 cream card, this went through the printer ok. I set them out like a leaflet that I attached together using ribbon and hole punch. I set them all up on powerpoint, front was the invitation, 2nd sheet was details and dates etc, 3rd sheet was RSPV, I used a small £12.99 ebay) guillotine to cut them up. Then used one of the "Die cutting" machines for all the "Loves" on front, couple of the little hearts that came out of the Love I used on sides and then a couple of Diamond Hearts (£1.99 for 500) All the supplies I sourced from Hobbycraft £100 max included a thicker blue for the Hearts, took more time than anything else, but I felt I was giving them the personal touch. Also bought a "Die" with Mr & Mrs (Attached) have put these on my jars with fake flowers in for tables. The "Dies" are cheaper to by from ebay than hobbycraft.

Hope that helps

diy Brides 8

diy Brides 9

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content

Sorry forget to mention to lift of the paper I used double sided sponge stickers, had to cut them right down small but it worked to give the effect I was after

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers

Ali xx

• Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I am DIY-ing loads of things for our wedding (February 2022), not least my dress, which I am getting out of the way first - although I have also started on the Save the Dates.

• Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

For my invites I am using Spoonflower to have a metre of fabric printed with our invites on (I designed them myself with some digital images bought from Etsy). I will then be cutting them out and attaching them to kraft card with brads. It's something a bit different, but not too extreme on the DIY front (just cutting fabric, punching holes and inserting paper fasteners).

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, Charlotte,

Your invitations sound like they are going to be so unique! Naturally, we will need to see some photos, please!

Fantastic!

Ali xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics