Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss-b
Beginner August 2016

Disposable Cameras

Miss-b, 25 of January of 2016 at 11:41 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on disposable cameras on tables at the wedding reception and then dotted about?

Is it a bit done, boring, naff, 90's?

I quite like the idea as I had thought about buying a pack of the cheap photobooth props for the tables and I was thinking I could make an able of funny pics as well. I had been trying to think of little things for people to do at the tables.

Has anyone done this or thinking about it? The only thing I think might be a downer is that I'll spend the extra money buying them and getting them developed and end up with a load of naff pictures I can't use.

Thoughts would be appreciated Smiley smile

13 replies

Latest activity by poppymarble, 30 of January of 2016 at 17:19
  • M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

It is a tricky one but generally weddings I've been to where they have had them haven't had many nice ones (or appropriate ones) to use afterwards. When alcohol is a factor people do tend get a little bit silly sometimes and take pictures of body parts... One of my friends had mainly boobs and bums when she got hers developed haha!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

This is one that comes up on here quite often and the general consensus is that they are not worth the money, everyone has a camera on a phone which will give far better results.

One issue is that people kind of expect the same results as they get on their phones when they are taking a pic with a disposable, not realizing there is no auto focus,auto flash,auto exposure or auto colour. Especually the kids who have no knowledge of the old film cameras and their limitations.

Have a search on this forum I remember one who said that out of about 100 they had less than 10 that were usable and it can costs a small fortune to get them printed.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I think it will be a waste of money, like others have said, it costs a fortune to get them developed and the quality is usually rubbish because people forget you have to press and hold the flash first.

You would be better off getting the props and letting people use their phones. You could set up an album on facebook that everyone can contribute to or you could ask them to download the Wedpics app and they can put the pictures on there.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I think you'll be wasting your money - one of the top things I see listed as an expenditure regret is the disposable cameras due to poor quality photos, not being used or kids using all the film. x

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I thought this might be the case, and it seems like it will be easier to get a wedding picture website or something along those lines and have people upload to that!

Thanks Guys Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

I was reading a best/worst/regretted thread the other day where married people posted:

the best thing they bought (the thing that made the wedding great)

the worst thing the bought (completely not worth the money)

and the thing they wished they had bought

the best one changed person to person (popular ones being food, dress, entertainment)

the worst one was almost entirely 'disposable cameras' with most saying they got lost or never got developed

the most regretted that they say they wish they had bough was almost entirely 'videographer'

• Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Miss-b,

Have you heard of Wedpics? (https://www.wedpics.com) You simply create your own app (instructions are easy) and give your guests an ID. Any photos they take during the day will be added to your profile, you can even print them as well as download/share.

Great app!

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    Slnk2182 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on buying the props on sticks, I've set up our own wedpic app, it's commented on our invite and I've printed out their downloadable buisness cards which have our I'd code on and I'm going to place it on the tables, also thinking of getting a selfie stick for each table too.

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

OH's brother had them at his wedding. Complete waste of money - blurry, dark and lots of cleavage shots from drunk people lol. Personally I wouldn't bother.

Lexi Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner February 2016
    Dolce Gusto ·
    • Hide content

We'll be using WedPics. We're going to print out mini-cards and leave them dotted around the venue on the day.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Avoid.....most results will be mis framed and badly exposed. The ones that look good, will probably be out of focus or have camera shake. In truth, garner all the shots from guests phones.....the images will be infinitely better.....and cheap!!!!

Peter

• J
    Beginner March 2017
    James_12345 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with others, while the cameras themselves are cheap, they are rather expensive to get developed!

My friend's wedding had a photo share page where everyone could upload their phone pics and eveyone could see the,. which worked really well!

The last time I saw disposibles at a weddding was maybe 15 years ago or more, when cameraphones werent with us (or were very bad)

• John-Davis
    John-Davis ·
    • Hide content

I agree with most of the over comments, disposable cameras often provide poor quality images. You maybe better to use that wedding app which lets people upload all their wedding photos from their phones.

If you do this, maybe have a sign or tell all your guests about it at some point during the day.

• P
    Beginner May 2018
    poppymarble ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree; in this day and age there's little point having these disposable cameras and by their very nature not particularly eco-friendly. However, I also want those candid snaps so am going to probably get an instant camera that creates classic polaroid style photos, but also saves images to an SD card. You can get them for under £100 and can use that again and again :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics