Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2015

Davids bridal

carrie1978, 10 of August of 2014 at 08:40 Posted on Planning 0 33

Hey ladies just wondering if anyone has been to davids bridal in Stratford have an appointment booked for the end of the month but have read some mixed reviews online xx

33 replies

Latest activity by Beebs101, 9 of October of 2014 at 14:02
  • B
    Beginner August 2014
    Bobbin_Up ·
    • Hide content

I bought my veil there, so I didn't try on any dresses or anything. I thought it was a very nice shop and the staff seemed very nice. If you are still looking around I would say go for it, what have you got to lose?

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Bought my dress from there, it was an amazing experience. You can't haggle but their prices are brill anyway. So much nicer than a lot of other shops I went to! Enjoy xx

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

I agree, bought my dress there and got treated like absolute royalty. Can't praise them enough! Great experience and great prices! x

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from there on Friday. I had a great experience with them and couldn't recommend them enough. My appointment was for 1pm and was supposed to last for an hour and a half but I was with my consultant for longer and she didn't rush me at all. There are so many beautiful dresses there to chose from, they have shoes to wear whilst trying on dresses and also underwear that will make your dress fit better. I loved every minute of it. There are other brides there at the same time but that didn't bother me - actually it was nice to see other dresses on people rather than just hanging up! I think you'll have a great time there x

ETA - I also found my bridesmaid dress there on Friday! It was a very productive day!

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrie1978 ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you ladies we are going up on a Friday night after work have seen a few dresses on the website I'm in love with and the prices are great Smiley smile xx

• lilacpearl
    Beginner August 2014
    lilacpearl ·
    • Hide content

Hi carrie1978,

I'm think you are looking for your own dress, but just to say I bought my bridesmaids dresses there and it was a great experience. I was having so much trouble finding the colour colour I wanted in other places. I'm having 6 bridesmaids who are completely different shapes and sizes, and they were able to find different style dresses in the same colour. So maybe have a look at bridesmaids dresses while you're there.

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrie1978 ·
    • Hide content

Ty @lilac pearl that's a great idea as both of my bridesmaids will be coming with me Smiley smile good luck for your wedding I see its in a few days xx

• lilacpearl
    Beginner August 2014
    lilacpearl ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much. Yes just 4 days. It goes so quickly!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I've also got an appoinment there at the end of the month, on the 30th!! Glad to hear all your good reviews about it ladies =)

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrie1978 ·
    • Hide content

Oooohhhhh mines the 29th

• VegasBride14
    Beginner October 2014
    VegasBride14 ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from Davids bridal and whilst I must say that my initial appointment where I selected my dress was great, their aftercare is absolutely shocking. Once they've got your money they really couldn't care less. I truly regret sending my hard earned money there!

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness VegasBride! What have they done (or is it what they've not done that's so bad?)?

• G
    Beginner August 2014
    glittergirl85 ·
    • Hide content

I brought my bridesmaid dresses from there. I had them shipped out to me as it was cheaper than traveling to London to get them. One of them had oil marks on , took ages for them to sort out the problem and I reiceved bad customer service from them. Couldn't fault them when I was in the shop though.

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Oooh ouch, I was waiting too see if anyone else had negatives as I thought I may have been the only one and didn't want to be negative. I ordered my flower girl dresses from there, only to find after a lot of chasing that they didn't make that size anymore. Pretty poor service and no one took responsibility.
    I ended up ordering from the US website and getting cheaper dresses. I also got my bridesmaid dresses from US website as they were cheaper (I got girls to try on in the store for sizes) even with taxes and intl postage. But when my adult bridesmaids tried them on the zips and seams were loose so I had to take them to a dressmaker and get them made more secure. But they are lovely dresses.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

Oh sh!te... I bought mine on Friday so I guess I'll be panicking for the next couple of months till it arrives and then again as I wait for alterations! I couldn't have been happier with the service in the shop. I also got my bridesmaid dress on Friday but we've already got it home. It was an occasion dress so didn't need ordering. She tried it on and it fitted like a glove so we just went for it. I guess the good thing is it's only one dress left to worry about - even though it's the most important one! I might have to stop looking at this thread!!

• VegasBride14
    Beginner October 2014
    VegasBride14 ·
    • Hide content

When I went to collect my wedding dress I was meant by the grumpiest assistant ever. She showed me to a dressing room to try my dress on and didn't offer to help me into my dress so I had to struggle by myself. At my original appointment they didn't offer to show me any veils so I asked to have a look when I collected my dress. The girl had no clue about veils and wasn't able to help me select one to suit my dress due to her poor knowledge. I ended up getting my veil from a local bridal shop. They also my ordered my dress in a huge size so it's now got to be taken in a lot. I think it's something to do with the fact that they carry American sizes. It's safe to say I'm not having my alterations done there! I've found a local seamstress that will cost a fraction of the price.

It seems to me that once they've made the original sale they couldn't really care less about you afterwards! It's all about sales and not about customer service.

luckily my wedding is in Vegas, I think if I was getting married in the UK I'd be very upset with how the dress has turned out.

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Yes when I was originally in there I had to explain American sizing to the assistant. She thought it was the opposite to what it actually is (ie size 10 UK is size 14 US, when it's actually size 10 US is a size 14 UK) I only knew as I'd bought clothes in US before. Bear that in mind when ordering

• VegasBride14
    Beginner October 2014
    VegasBride14 ·
    • Hide content

It's quite concerned that their assistants don't understand the sizing! I'm a Uk 12-14 and they ordered me a US 14! Hence why the dress now needs to be taken in huge amounts.

• S
    Beginner January 2016
    Stephanie104 ·
    • Hide content

I had the best experience! The girl I had (I have the name at home if needed) was fantastic! I went in very open to recommendations so we started with trying on different styles but she made me feel so relaxed, esp as I wasn't looking forward to being in underwear in front of someone. I felt no pressure to buy, she helped me with veils and asked me after every dress what I did/didn't like. She did explain at the beginning that we wouldn't go over underwear as I wasn't sure on my dress type. She also gave me the codes of the dress/veil I liked the most so I could go and think about it.

As an FYI - She did say that during busy times she has two brides at a time and its hard to give full attention so get an appointment for when they open.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my BM dresses from there. The service was amazing and the women in there were soooo friendly. It is a bit of a waiting game though, as their stock is shipped over from the US so we waited 8 weeks for the BM dresses to arrive. They came last week, need lots of alterations which was annoying as we paid for 3-4 week delivery on a rush order.

If you've got time to play around though, I'd recommend a visit. The shop is gorgeous!!!!!

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrie1978 ·
    • Hide content

I guess i will have to go with how i feel when i go for my appointment its a late friday night one I have to say the prices are so good and if i can save half of my budget for a dress that can go towards something else ill let them off dealing with another bride at the same time Smiley smile xx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Can i ask you girls howmuch youpaidforyour BM dresses from there?

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

They were really reasonable. We ordered style F15421 for junior bridesmaids and F15555 for adults. They were £100 each. Surprised that they were cheaper than the high street!!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo really! Does that include alterations?

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not including alterations. I've only got 20 days until I fly out so I'm cutting it too fine to use their alteration service. The girls first fitting is on Wednesday and then we'll whisk them straight off to a local dry cleaners!!!

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Beebs101 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Regarding David's Bridal - I have actually bought my dress from here but I wanted to share my thoughts. Both appointments I had (one to try and another to buy), I felt rushed. After purchase I was told I would get a call when my under garment had arrived and that I could say please hold it for my fitting. I was encouraged to make another appointment 2 months before my wedding for the fitting. Today, 6 months before my wedding I got a call saying my dress and under garment has arrived and I need to collect it and bring it back in January for the fitting as they don't have the space to hold it for me. This was not explained to me and I do not want the dress in my studio flat for 4 months to lugg it back and forth. Is this normal? Has anyone else been asked to do this in other stores? I went for the dress beacause I loved the back of it and the fit on me and I must say the prices are cheap compared to other stores - but I feel with the cheaper prices you get a cheaper service. It's a shame as it's such a special time and you want a good experience. If you're not on a budget I'd recommend smaller places who know who you are when you call and offer 5 star service.

• VegasBride14
    Beginner October 2014
    VegasBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, that is actually common practice for David's bridal. I think it's because obviously it is more of a budget shop and also they sell so many dresses they would probably need a warehouse to store them for the brides,

Like you I was very disappointed in the after care from David's bridal and once I collected my dress I never returned to the store. I got my alterations done by a local seamstress which cost me £50 compared to the £200 quoted by David's bridal.

Maybe you could get someone to store your dress for you? Mine went to my inlaws!

Also if you haven't picked up your dress yet make sure you do so before the deadline! I think they only hold it for 2 weeks or so but its best to check!

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

They would never have got a penny out of me!

i went there after I'd found my wedding dress to look at bridesmaid dresses and the mother of the bride dresses (they were awful).

i went with my mum without an appointment... The staff were not very friendly at all and worse when they realised we hadn't made an appointment! They said we were welcome to look around! No one offered help when I enquired about a few of the bridesmaid dresses even though the whole time we were there around 4 shop assistants stood around the desk gossiping! They were obviously very very busy.

there was a girl who was tidying up who we were able to speak to but she was useless!

Decided to make an appointment to return and even then the staff just seemed very uninterested and not keen to help! (I went into the store 9montus before my wedding they had no idea I had a dress nor did they ask)

needless to say I didn't attend the appointment and I've not heard from them ever!

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I've had nothing but good service from the staff at Davids Bridal!

I made an appointment to go and look at wedding dresses and we had an appointment for bridesmaid dresses immediately after. When I arrived, we were greeted with friendly faces and told to take a seat until our assistant was ready. She was running about 5 mins late which they told us. When she arrived (her name is Laura) she was so helpful. She asked if I'd seen any dresses on the website I liked, I showed her tiny pictures on my phone and she found those dresses instantly. She then took me round showing me different dresses she thought I might like and then let me pick a few myself. She found shoes and underwear in my size and off we went to try on. She made me feel very comfortable the whole time I was there - a good portion of which I was just standing in my underwear! She asked what I liked or disliked about each dress, picked other dresses based on those comments, brought veils, and belts, straps which could be added and tissues when I got emotional. My appointment should have lasted 90 mins but I wasn't rushed and was there longer.

When I picked my dress she was actually amazed I wanted to buy it that day. There was no hard sell and she said if I wanted to come back again for another try I could do it that way. But I knew it was the dress I wanted so I bought it.

When we went downstairs to look at bridesmaid dresses we had a different assistant who was also brilliant. My bridesmaid tried on several dresses which we both liked but we weren't sure of the colour. The assistant went upstairs, found my dress sample and brought it down for me to try on again with my bridesmaid so we could see how we looked together. She was also looking after another girl at the same time as we were late to our appointment because we were upstairs for so long but she couldn't do enough for us. We bought the bridesmaid dress too.

I had a call to say my dress had arrived, made another appointment and went back in to try it on. Again, another assistant who brought different veils etc for me to try as I still can't decide if I want one or not. She was also very friendly and interested in me and asked questions about the wedding etc.

When I was finished trying on I gave the dress a good look over before it was packed away for me to bring home. (I was told when I bought it I'd have to store it myself. I don't have a problem with that, my brother will look after it for me). That's when I noticed a little hole in the tulle. I pointed it out to the assistant who was shocked. She went to get the manager who came to have a look. I can honestly say she was mortified! But at the end of the day - these things happen. I wasn't too upset as I'm not getting married till June and I know there's time for a new dress to be ordered. The manager was falling over herself with assurances that a new dress would be ordered and checked over with a fine toothed comb before I was called to say it had arrived. I got that call yesterday and I'm going to collect my new dress next Friday. I have faith that it'll be perfect! ?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I honestly had an amazing experience there! I had no idea what i was looking for, Jessie was so helpful & patient with me. She did not rush me at all & was giving her honest opinions. She showed me veils that matched my dress etc. the appt was booked for an hour & a half. But 2hours later she didn't even mention the time & again wasn't rushing me. When we left she gave me a massive cuddle. I even sent her a thankyou card! And the shop itself is so beautiful x

• VegasBride14
    Beginner October 2014
    VegasBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Guess what ladies I found a stain on my dress today! I've now rushed it to the dry cleaners and hope they can get it out before I leave for Vegas next weekend. Word of advice to my fellow brides to be, check your dress from head to toe before you leave David's bridal!!! The dry cleaner also pointed out some loose beading and threads to me.... I've only tried the dress on twice since I bought it home so the stain must have been there when I left the shop.

• MrsC2015
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsC2015 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from the American site of David's Bridal. Their UK site is rubbish in comparison. It cost me £350 in total including taxes and shipping, which I thought was great. I haven't been into the London store itself but did ring up and enquire about a veil I'd seen on the US website and the lady on the phone was really helpful in trying to source it for me. I'd definitely look into trying on the dresses in the UK and ordering from America if I were you; their dresses seem to be cheaper! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics