Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Beginner August 2021 Staffordshire

Can my maid of honour play piano at my wedding ceremony?

Lauren, 27 of October of 2020 at 08:41 Posted on Planning 0 4
My sister is my maid of honour and she is really good at playing the piano. I really want her to play this whilst we are walking down the aisle on the day. However I’m not sure how to make this work with her needing to walk down the aisle too?! Any ideas would be much appreciated!

4 replies

Latest activity by TigerLily8, 2 of November of 2020 at 16:19
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

90% of the time in a civil wedding the Bridesmaids down the isle first. If you have more than one bridesmaid , send her down first so that she has time to get herself sorted and ready for you.

But a Church wedding 90% of the time you go down first.

• Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

Could you pre-record her playing and play it through a phone or CD? Alternatively there's no rule stating she has to walk down the aisle - if she's happy to skip that part then that would also work - she will get her moment in the limelight once you're married Smiley winking

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

There are no rules about what a MOH has to do - have a chat with her and see whether she'd prefer walking down first and playing you in, or walking in with you and having someone else play.

I didn't have any bridesmaids, but one of my besties is a musician and she played before and during our service - it was lovely - and listening to her play really calmed me down as I waited to walk up the aisle!

• T
    Curious April 2022 Cumbria
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above - your wedding, your rules! If your MOH is happy to skip the walking down the aisle (or willing to go first) then there's not reason not too! I think it's a fabulous idea and so nice that your closest friend will be playing such an important role in your big day.

When people talk about your wedding they will always remember your MOH playing the piano for you, whether she walks down the aisle or not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics