You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our latest help & advice.

S
Newbie Bride September 2008

Can i change my mind about my bridesmaids?

sammi24, 16 November 2020 at 06:21 Posted on Wedding Planning 0 2
Saved Save
Hey everyone
Just wondering if any of you have gone back on your decision to have certain bridesmaids?
This is my second marriage as I am a widow. My partner has 2 children and so do I. We will have his 2 girls and my daughter as bridesmaids and my son will give me away.I’ve also asked my 2 closest friends to be bridesmaids but I’m not too sure. We’ve grown apart in the past few months and they don’t seem interested in any part of my wedding. Not sure if I’m just being sensitive or not. I don’t know what to do ?

2 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 17 November 2020 at 11:12
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated Bride February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·

It depends very much on the situation. There is plenty of risk of offending and they may no longer want to come to your wedding after being 'demoted'. Depending on when you got engaged and when you are getting married, you could use the Covid uncertainty to adjust their roles. For example: 'it's going to be really stressful finding time to shop for BM dresses outside of the family and I'm worried about how many guests I'll be able to have. I still really want you two there to support me on the day, but I'm rethinking the idea of having formal adult bridesmaids with the whole dresses, bouquets, photos thing.'

• J
    Curious Bride November 2021 Lancashire
    Jess ·
    Go with your gut ! I was unsure if I wanted bridesmaids or not and asked my 2 closest friends that I’m not too close to anymore and then changed my mind and they’re fine with it! It’s your special day so do what makes you feel most comfortable and not other people and they should understand and just want you to be happy 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles