Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Best Man Speech - Presenting Photos

simmo100, 22 of April of 2009 at 13:05 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

Looking for some advice, got to give a speech at one of my best friends weddings.

Have looked at all the samples on here etc.

I was thinking of running my laptop with images of Him in the background. I have arranged to see his father to get some pics and also have some of the couple together.

I have started to write my speech. however I think i am going to struggle to write my speech around any pictures I have\can get hold of.

What would peoples thoughts be on leaving the presentation of the pictures running in the background, while giving the speech without actually referring to the Slideshow?

I think I would find it difficult to speak about 20 pictures of my mate as a kid

Also, when would the best time to start the pictures up or how to integrate them into the speech

1 replies

Latest activity by Finesse (HIB), 22 of April of 2009 at 22:35
  • shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I think its a great idea to have the photos running in the background whilst giving a speech - i dont think you would need to refer to the slideshow as it would be pretty obvious what the photos were - i think this is a good distraction from the speech aswel if you are nervous!

what about putting some photos from the stag night on aswel?

I think start your speech by mentioning that there are going to be some embarrassing pics running whilst you embarras him further with your speech - something along them lines

hth

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ya

I think that would be fine as long as you can get the equipment set up right. If the speeches are first this is easier otherwise you will have to have the equipment set up after the dessert and before the beginning of the father's speech. I would definately not refer to all the photos, i have seen this done so many times and people do get bored. They would rather you gave a funny speech rather than just refer to photos (no pressure). Just think about the logistics of the time taken to set up everything. Cables and power leads will have to be in place in advance and then the screen put up quickly, table for the projector covered and easily moved. You will probably need the screen to the side of the room so the top table can see. If you have the screen behind the top table (if that's what they are having) people will only see the back of the grooms head as opposed to his expressions. You then need to decide if you have to be next to the laptop. If so, will you go to the screen or will you have a long enough cable to run from the top table to the projector?

One thing I did with the best man at my wedding last week is to have really embarassing/cute photos of the groom printed onto photopaper and then put into envelopes. I then attached the envelopes to the bottom of the chairs (2 per table) with masking tape. He then asked everyone to feel under their chairs and pull out the photos. It was really funny and everyone enjoyed it.

Don't obviously embarass him too much!

Good luck

Ruth

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics