Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2015

Band has cancelled....

Milly_Bride, 25 of March of 2015 at 18:57 Posted on Planning 0 4

We got an email today to say that our band can 'no longer honour' our wedding date so are cancelling argh! To be fair the guy we booked them through was super apologetic and has made some suggestions to try and organise an alternative for us but I'm stressed!

We're getting married in September so we still have a bit of time, but I know that some good bands get booked up really quickly. We had also booked a jazz band who could do uptempo songs to dance to as something a bit different, and I'm struggling to find anything similar as most jazz type bands are more the cocktail hour type. We were looking for something a bit different from the regular wedding band (we are both more into alternative music - jazz, blues, funk, rock, metal etc.) and it took us ages to decide on one in the first place. I'm not sure now whether to just go for a DJ or do a spotify playlist or something and call it a day ugh.

4 replies

Latest activity by Dave Sanders, 26 of March of 2015 at 09:18
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

What area are you in? There's a good band gigging around the Leeds pubs called The Roosters. They do rock, classic bluesy rock etc.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Milly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

We're in South Wales so a bit of a distance from Leeds!! Doesn't hurt to look though, some bands do travel all over the place Smiley smile

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at warble entertainment. we found out singer through them. the lady i dealt with was really nice. id definitely have a look

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, what a bummer for you. I'm sorry your band cancelled Smiley sad We are searching for bands at the moment and my friend told me about this web site www.alivenetwork.com

You can search for type of band, by area and price etc. it's been really helpful for us.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you will find something Smiley smile

• Dave Sanders
    Dave Sanders ·
    • Hide content

Hi Milly,

I'm sorry to hear that your band has let you down. It would be a shame for you to compromise your entertainment on your big day because you were let down, there is still plenty of time to find a band, I'm sure.

I may be able to help you, I play in a couple of bands, including a smaller jazz group that might suit your needs as well as a party band for the evening. If you would like to find out more or talk more about this then please get in touch. My email is ****************@*****.***, I'd love to help.

Cheers and good luck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics