Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Average gift amount as evening guest?

Teal, 23 of March of 2014 at 11:32 Posted on Planning 0 7

I've been asked to be an evening guest to a work colleagues wedding (not a close friend, but known her several years). Its just me attending as OH is busy. I'm having to pay for transport & a hotel for the night (£100). They've included a honeymoon fund with the invite.

I've never been an evening guest, so have no idea what is an 'average/norm' amount to contribute? Any advice welcome, thanks.

7 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 23 of March of 2014 at 16:04
  • S
    Beginner July 2015
    sarahl2691 ·
    • Hide content

I've given £20 to someone im not overly close to and £50 to a good friend ? All depends on what you can afford to give.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

For an evening I normally give £30 x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

If just me invited I would give £30 as an evening guest. If me and OH are invited I would give £50 from both of us as a couple.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

If evening guest about £20-30 but of course it depends on your budget

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

My hubby was invited, but cannot attend. I never had evening guests at our own wedding, so had no idea. Thanks everyone, I have an idea now.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

For a very close friend I'd say £50..otherwise I'm at a £20-£30 budget for people. I was at a wedding recently where they did not have a gift list, I don't like to just give money so we bought them a bottle of champagne. That's all. I guess it depends on your relationship with them.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'd prob give £20-30... Considering you've spent a fair amount already I'd go for £20 personally unless you are pretty close.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics