Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Savvy August 2022 West Midlands

August 2022 wedding! Anyone else?

Iyana, 17 of November of 2020 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 3 85
Hiiii

So me and my partner got engaged in 2019 and have finally set a date in 2022. This will be my first wedding and to be honest I am sooooo excited but have no idea where to start.
A bride twin or two would be amazing so we can share experiences and advice but to be honest any 2022 brides going through the motions are most welcome xx

85 replies

Latest activity by Marie, 5 of February of 2021 at 14:19
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Savvy May 2022 West Midlands
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello,

I’m getting married in May 2022, so a few months before you. I’m excited too, but it feels like a long way away still!How are you getting on so far? Have you got a venue? How many guests are you planning to invite?
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw congratulations!

I have booked some venue viewing for January and figured out what kind of dress I want and the colour scheme. Me and my fiance have decided we don't want anymore than 100 people.
    How about you what do you have in mind? How are you getting on?x
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exciting! What kind of colour scheme are you going for?

We’re having quite a small wedding. We’ve got 40 day guests and an additional 20 evening guests. I’ve booked a few things so far - venue, catering, registrar, photographer and the cake are all sorted! Still got a few things left to book, which I’m hoping to do after Christmas.
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have decided on navy or dusty blue with burgundy and hints of rose gold ? hopefully I can create the vision in my head lol

Do you have a specific colour scheme?

Wow you sound so very organised! Aw that will be nice to have quite an intimate gathering x Are you having a church ceremony?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds amazing, I’m sure it will all come together really nicely!
    The colour scheme I was thinking is mint green and lilac. Not sure which colour to have the bridesmaid dresses in, but I’ll decide nearer the time.
    No we’re not having a church ceremony, as neither of us are religious. We’re having the whole day at the same venue - ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception. Are you having a church ceremony?
    Have you looked at any dresses yet? I’ve been looking online but I can’t decide what style I like. I think I’m going to have to try on quite a few!
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooo the mint green and lilac will be so lovely together, do you know what you want the dominat colour to be? What colour will your partner be wearing?

Ah I see, well we are considering it as the venue we really like has a church just down the road so I think we may do that but until we see it, I vant really say lol I haaaave looked at dressed yes I have seen a few I like im thinking of Galia Lahav dress as its a style I seem to be in love with at the moment. Have you had a look on pininterest? That is currently where most of my inspiration is coming from lol x
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not sure what the dominant colour will be yet - I haven’t quite decided! Not sure what my partner is going to wear either yet, there’s so much to think about.
    Aw that’ll be nice, keep it traditional. Be nice to keep it local to you as well, gives a bit more of a personal touch! You’re so organised with looking at dresses already Smiley smile I’ve had a little look on Pinterest but I honestly can’t decide which ones would suit me without trying them on.
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wouldn't say organised I would say more deer in the headlights excited lol but to be honest like you said until I have tried some on im not really going to have a clue. Do you know when you will start dress shopping?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m excited too, I can’t wait to start trying on dresses! I think I’m going to go in April/May next year. At the moment, I think a lot of places are restricting the amount of people you can bring with you because of coronavirus. But hopefully by April time we’ll be able to bring as many people as we like with us. I don’t really fancy going wedding dress shopping on my own!
    When are you thinking of going?
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    Aw bless Smiley laugh its going to be amazing, lucky we have some time to figure things out.
    Today me and my fiance have been discussing the guestlist and I dont think we will be able to stick to the 100 ??‍♀️
    I think I will start dress shopping around the end of May, hopefully it won't take to many visits to get it right x
  • A
    Beginner March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement!

My fiancé and I are due to get married on March 2022. We are both excited but I think I'm more excited and nervous about it than he is. We will be together 6 years by the time the wedding comes. So far we booked the venue, DJ, photographer and about to book the registrar. I'm planning to wait until at least April next year before wedding dress shopping. We are looking to arrange an engagement dinner for both families to meet next year when the restrictions ease. How you feeling about your wedding and being married for the first time?
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and yay am glad you have your day set after a long engagement.

Is this going to be the first time the families are meeting? I never thought I would want to get married but the feeling is surreal. We have been talking about it alot tonight and its all just becoming so real.
    Are you having a colour scheme? And have you seen any dresses you like?x
  • A
    Beginner March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never thought I would get married either. Has days that I wonder if it'll still happen because it's that far away and a lot can happen between now and then. We are both happy and in love. Sometimes I get insecure about myself and the wedding but I think it's all just nerves about our marriage and involving both families. We didn't get the best reaction from our parents but it seemed that they're ok with it, without mentioning my mum asking if I'm pregnant when we announced our engagement. I also don't want to have my dad or step dad to walk me up the aisle because of how I feel about family relationship. I have found a few dress styles that I like but prefer slim fitted with a long laced veil. I would like the colour to be purple and the families will be meeting for the first time before the wedding
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am exactly the same! So much can happen between now and 2022 but he is confident so I'm just feeding off of his energy.
    We all have our moment where we feel insecure but you are beautiful and your soon to be husband also thinks you are too.
    I'm not very close with much of my family either so I'm literally only inviting a handful, dont let them pressure you into feeling like you have to assign roles that you are not comfortable with. Its your wedding and your big day, its about you and what you want x
    I think I know what kind if dress I want but until I see it on I'm just going to keep looking lol I dont want to be set on something and then it looks horrible and then I feel horrible but I defo want a long trail and veil. Xx
  • C
    Beginner May 2022 Leicestershire
    Carrie ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya. We got engaged in October and have booked our wedding for May 2022. Needed something to look forward to lol xxx
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!
    I’m May 2022 as well Smiley smile
  • C
    Carrie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats to you too. Fingers crossed everything has gone away by then xx
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw congratulations! And definitelllyyy I think we can all use some excitement right now lol

Have you started planning as of yet?x
  • C
    Carrie ·
    • Hide content
    I have. We’ve got the venue and photographer already. Got an appointment with a florist in January and have contacted a wedding dress shop and think will have an appointment there in Jan too, all being well. We are terrible, we are so organised our friends think we are funny. Tbh we’ve got most stuff sorted. We wanted to be able to spread the costs and one photographer we spoke to said a lot of couples that were getting married next year are moving to 2022 so it made me panic lol.

I see you are going looking at venues in Jan, have you got somewhere in mind? You seem to have a good idea of things xx
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its good to be organised! I'm a planner by nature so this right now is the best thing that could ever happen ?

How much are you spending on a photographer? We have one in mind rn and the package is 1600 I dont know if thats good or not but it includes alot of extras and their previous work is amazing. We want to spread the cost too so doing everything early is definitely a bonus move.
    We have three viewings booked so far ones a beautiful converted barn, a Manor house and a countryside house. So its just picking the one that feels right, am so excited to start viewing x

• C
    Carrie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’ve spent £1,125. Got a 10% discount because I enquired through here. They are documentary photographers so hardly any posed pictures so that’s better for us.
    I bet you can’t wait they all sound lovely. You will know as soon as you’ve looked which one you want. You will have to let me know which one you choose x
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aaaah thats a good idea! I didnt think to look through here for the discounts!

What venue have you chosen? Where are you based?x
  • C
    Carrie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are based in Leicestershire. Our venue is called Mythe Barn. We fell in love with it the moment we saw it.
    Where are you based? X
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My town Smiley heart Mythe Barn is a great venue I shot a wedding there at the end of that hot dry spell we had when the grass everywhere turned white. I have a gallery of a few shots of Mythe Barn here https://photographybybillhaddon.co.uk/mythe%20barn

August 2022 wedding! Anyone else? 1

• I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh its beautiful I just had a look!

We are based in Dudley, we were thinking of either the Blakelands Manor, Manorhill house, Davenport or Mill Barns. Well those are the viewings we have coming up. I think we will book end of Feb at the latest.
    They are all gorgeous in photos so I cant wait to see them in person x
  • Jo Dray
    Beginner November 2022 Hampshire
    Jo Dray ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement and wedding date. I got engaged in July and we just agreed a date for Nov 2022. We're are hoping to view a venue in a couple of weeks (if lockdown allows!) and we have chosen our colour theme too. Starting to think about guest lists and trying to get some quotes for hair, makeup, photographer. Pinterest is great for lots of ideas, I've saved loads. Good luck, hope it all runs smoothly x
  • Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85
    Beginner May 2022 West London
    Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! Wanted to join in too! We got engaged at the end of August this year and we chose to get married in 2022 when fingers crossed, things will hopefully be somewhere near normal! We are getting married in May. I have booked a venue which included a DJ. I was wondering about registrars. I enquired about one and they said to me (back in October) that we had loads of time. Have you who’ve booked one, discussed the day timings with your venues already to have booked a registrar? I want to book one too so it is done but we’ve not had a sit down with the venue yet about timings and structure and all sorts yet so I don’t know what time to book one for! X
  • D
    Beginner August 2022 Bedfordshire
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    Me and my other half are getting married 2022 and I’m the same don’t know where to start. We sent out Engagement announcements cards just to let people know we’re getting married. We also stated where we decided to get married and asked our guests to RSVP, just so we could get an idea of who would come and what venue we would need to book x
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! I'm not sure how the registrar bit works but I have contacted our local authority just to get some clarity on it.

Congratulations by the way xx
    Its all a very exciting time, I think once we start seeing venues they will be able to advise on what the best route to go is, in regards to booking the registrar x
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations xx

Ooo thats a good idea, we have kinda announced it but we are struggling with our guest list. We are trying to keep it under 100 but am not sure we will be able to plus we have sooooo many kids to consider.
    Have you started researching venues?xx
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and congratulations to you too!

We are all praying g lockdown eases up after this year because it makes things so difficult. Pin interest is amazing I would be lost without it lol have you seen any colour schemes or dresses that you like so far?xx
  • Jo Dray
    Beginner November 2022 Hampshire
    Jo Dray ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want to start getting everything now but Nov 2022 seems so long away! We've decided on cadbury purple and silver. We both have 2 kids from previous relationships so my step daughter, niece and my friend will be in purple. My hubby to be really wants them all in the same style dress but I'm struggling to find anything suitable for both adults and juniors. He also wants silver, he's already seen a suit with silver waistcoat so not sure whether to have purple tie or stick to silver for him and have our sons with purple ties. So much to think about to bring it all together. What colour scheme have you chosen? We did a rough cost working out last night so we know what costs we are likely to look at. It'll be tight but we'll do it. My first marriage was done so cheaply and not at all what I wanted so I want this time to be different and it makes such a difference that my hubby to be is taking such an interest too. I can't wait to try dresses on, I've seen a few. I really like the trumpet/fishtail style dress. Have you seen anything you like?x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics