You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our latest help & advice.

D
Newbie Bride October 2020 Haarlem

at home wedding Help!

Demi, 9 October 2020 at 14:15 Posted on Wedding Planning 0 6
Saved Save

Due to COVID we decided to just organize our own intimate wedding at home with around 25 people! Smiley heart Starting with the ceremony, having dinner together and then having a little dance party at our house. We are wondering if anything is missing or if you have any ideas on how to make the day still special and extra even though it's at home. Thanks so much Smiley love

6 replies

Latest activity by Holly, 13 October 2020 at 14:16
  • H
    Newbie Bride October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly Online ·

That sounds absolutely wonderful! Are you still having caterers in, or are you catering the dinner yourself? (i'm hoping you say caterers for less stress!)

We're looking at 30 for the day (tho not at our home, far too much of a squeeze sadly!) A couple of things we're thinking of to add extra sparkle with less people:

- go major on the table decor as there's less people! I'm thinking gorgeous wine glasses, big candles, luxurious linen napkins etc

- a personalised favour / handwritten letter to each guest thanking them for joining you on the day

- His n Hers Champagne cocktails (less people mean you can go bigger!)

- We're having a 5/6 course dinner with canapes, petit fours etc

I hope the above helps! I would love to hear any other ideas you may have Smiley smile

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Dedicated Groom January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·

Hate to "that person" but it would be against current UK law to have any more than 4 + the wedding couple in a private garden.

• Sarah
    Curious Bride September 2021 West Sussex
    Sarah ·

From the brides location she may no be in the UK

View quoted message

I see now "Haarlem"

This issue has only started since hitched were taken over, it used to be only UK posts but we are now getting posts from all over the world on a .uk site. The uk is confused enough as it is about what can and what cannot be done without adding worldwide issues.

Sorry debbi in Haarlem this is not about you - its about Hitched.

Could I ask you debbi what was the "dot" domain that you were posting in.

• R
    RomanticPurpleStationery48127 ·

My friend who will about to marry this week chose to get wed in a park just beside their home. Following protocols, all utensils, plates, etc are all disposable and only 3 people per table. Not sure how many will attend though, but I'm excited to attend and see her in her best day. Smiley smile

View quoted message

What country is that in

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles