any registrars/lawyers? witness signing issue

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 1 Oct 2014 16:56

any registrars/lawyers? witness signing issue

After much deliberation I have come up with an idea for involving my mum in the wedding, she is going to be a witness. She can't hold a pen due to her illness so I have contacted the registrar who has advised that if she can't make a 'mark' then someone can sign on her behalf. It will be her name on the paperwork, but someone else's e.g. my brother's signature.

I am happy to compromise on this but later had a brainwave, what if I could somehow get a stamp produced of her name and she can 'sign' with that? That way she could make her mark and not have someone else do it for her. At a push I think she could manage to use a stamp with help. Does anyone know if this would be legal/allowed?

• Posted: 1 Oct 2014 21:16

Re: any registrars/lawyers? witness signing issue

Anyone?

• Posted: 1 Oct 2014 21:22

What a lovely idea! You could try Vistaprint :-) Just type in stamps in the search box

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/signature-stamps.aspx?xnav=swsProductOnly_ResultImage

• Posted: 1 Oct 2014 21:23

Check with the registrar!!

• Posted: 1 Oct 2014 22:30

Sorry, I can't help with the legality of using a stamp, but just wanted to say that I think that it's a lovely idea. I know it's been on your mind for a while, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you find a way to make this work that you are all happy with.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)