Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Admin Post - Exciting News!

RomanticIvoryHair39896, 14 of July of 2020 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 20

Dear forum members,

As some of you may have seen from our emails, next week we are relaunching Hitched. This will include a major upgrade to the Forums, which we expect to be live from Tuesday afternoon. Your login will still work and all your old posts will still be live, plus we've added features to upload and share your photos and videos.

A few things will change, though. You'll no longer be able to have custom signatures, so if you have one of these you won't see it after the change. We've also not managed to find a way to keep any posts you might have added to favourites. If you really need to keep these then we suggest saving these links as favourites in your internet browser before Tuesday 21st July.

We hope you like the new Hitched and the upgraded Forums.

If you experience any problems, please contact feedback[at]hitched.email

See you there!

Team Hitched

20 replies

Latest activity by Wilda, 31 of July of 2020 at 20:25
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Will this mean that the forum will finally be moderated and stop non fully paid up hitched suppliers from posting blatant adverts for their business within other posts and also police the rule that registered suppliers should not actually even start a post. Like this https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/thread/0-payment-plans-from-199-per-week-no-deposit-needed-no-credit-checks-549760/

They are not even paid up official suppliers.

Will official Hitched suppliers also lose their signatures.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

As above, will paid suppliers lose theri signatures?

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticIvoryHair39896 ·
    • Hide content

Hi both Thank you for your messages. Just to confirm that when we migrate to the new forums next week, the signatures will unfortunately go too. This feature doesn't exist on the new platform and we've focused our development effort elsewhere. Thanks, Hitched

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Dear Hitched

Please answer the other questions re advertising etc.!

I think most of us get fed up with the blatant flouting (and non-redress) of the rules by the same few time after time.

Also, is anyone going to bother replying to my suggestions (made twice now on the feedback area of the site) about featuring differently-abled and older couples?

Thanks in advance,

Ali

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticIvoryHair39896 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your message.

The new platform we are moving to this week does not allow suppliers to use their business login to post in the forums, which means users won't see any advertising content.

We're having trouble locating your other post - would you mind emailing us at editorial(at)hitched.email so we can look into this for you?

Best wishes,

Hitched

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Registered (paid up) suppliers to the Hitched directory do not have advertising content on their posts to the forum but we have a signature and an official badge to prove that we are accredited registered Hitched suppliers.

AS such we are not supposed to post advertising or even start a post but we are allowed to post relevant replies to help Hitched Brides with their issues, having a hitched supplier and business signature lets hitched brides know that we are genuine and not the spammers that of late have been posting without any kind of admin Mod response.

Seems like a down grade in quality to me.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hitched,

Email sent! Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers

Ali

• E
    Beginner July 2027 South West London
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Team Hitched,

Since the new relaunch, I am unable to go onto the next page of wedding dresses. It doesn’t show the page number bar at the bottom so I can’t continue looking at wedding dresses as only the first page is shown. This is only the case on my iPhone where as on my laptop and iPad, I am able to go onto the next page. Is there a solution for this?
    Best Wishes, Emily
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Dear Hitched

This it the type of post in the forums that are really concerning. Blatant advertising by people setting up accounts as individuals and promoting their businesses. No wonder your paid up businesses are so annoyed!

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/thread/spend-your-best-time-in-luxury-villas-ibiza-1061715/

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/thread/lifestyle-vlogging-549764/

I could go on...............................

• Sarah
    Hitched Admin December 2024 East London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Emily

Sorry to hear that. I've just tested and it seems to be going to the next page now, has it started working for you again?

Sarah

• E
    Beginner July 2027 South West London
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately it hasn’t started working. It allows me to move to the next page if I press on a specific designer but if I filter it to just ballgowns, for examples, it only shows me like 10 options. There are definitely more pages because I can access them on my iPad so I’m surprised it’s not working on my phone. I downloaded the app on my phone as well and it’s doing the same thing on there as well.
    Emily
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there

We do our best to spot as many of these posts as possible, so we're sorry these came through. They've now been removed. We also rely on users to flag any posts like this that they see so please do let us know if you see more.

Thanks so much

Sarah

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sarah

Please can you tell us where we should flag these posts up to? Perhaps a sticky thread at the top of the forum?

It would be good to make sure that Hitched remains fair to all users!

Cheers Ali

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hear that Emily. Do you mind dropping our team an email briefly outlining the issues and they will look into it for you? It's feedback(at)hitched.email

Thanks

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Ali

There should be a small 'report' button on each post, so you can click that and then select the reason for reporting. Then we can make sure we remove anything that shouldn't be there.

We'll be posting a little guide on how to use the forums very soon so bear with us!

Thanks Ali

Sarah

• G
    Beginner October 2020 Hampshire
    Georgina ·
    • Hide content
    I can't use the website on a computer at all, it kicks me out every time I sign in and says page not found on every page
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Online ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

With the new site and forum I can now no longer use my old log in details that I had as an official hitched supplier. As I would still like to share my 30 years experience in the wedding industry to post help and give advice to brides questions I have re - registered.

I am posting here to check if admin have any issues with my new profile before I start helping our Hitched brides again.

• H
    Beginner April 2021 Outer Hebrides
    Hayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    I am having a problem with my guest list info since the changeover, it worked perfect before. It is saying 0 but when you go into it all my guests are there. The option for guests to RSVP is also not working and I cannot change them manually. This is from the app on my phone. It worked fine before. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if it is just me?
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have noticed since the change (my site was with weddingwire before) that there are now multiple places to add guests, for ceremony and reception and evening. Could it be that they are in a different list now?

• H
    Beginner April 2021 Outer Hebrides
    Hayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay I will have a look and see. It isn't giving me the option to change if people are attending or not either when I click their name, any ideas? I will keep a written note it is just for a back up.
  • W
    Beginner August 2021 Leicestershire
    Wilda ·
    • Hide content

Just to confirm that when we migrate decoração casamento to the new forums next week, the signatures will unfortunately go too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics