A How-To-Guide to making Button Bouquets.

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous123Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 16 Sep 2010 17:35

Re: A How-To-Guide to making Button Bouquets.

You can use cool melt glue gun to make sure they stay in place once you have arranged them.

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 21:17

BrideBrat:

I've just had some bits and bobs arrive in the post, including the bouquet oasis, some tiny fake baby's breath flowers with pearls on and some pearl headed pins to attach lace etc to the bouquet too.

STBMRSEVANS - Yeah, I'll cut the button flowers down quite alot, with maybe 2 inches of wire left. I did some mock ones to make sure they stayed firmly in place in some Dry oasis I had and it works perfectly! :D

raincloud:

BrideBrat I have some white/cream buttons you can have if you want to send me your address to post them too.

So kind of you! We should have a button swap on here as I buy buttons in bulk packs sometimes which come with other colours, if everyone writes down what colours they are using we could get a swap shop going. BlondeViki very kindly sent me a load of white/cream buttons too - Hitchers are so kind!

Hi BrideBrat, ive just received some mini flowers to slot in between buttons, just need to get more buttons now, i', doing 3 Bm bouquet and mine, i'm doin mine red to go with my theme and Bm mini cream ones to go with there red dresses.

Button swap sounds like a good idea...lol. xxx

cannot wait to see a few more pictures of yours BrideBrat i will get some of mine on soon. xxx

• Posted: 16 Sep 2010 21:40

My little flowers arrived today for the bouquet too :) I will keep hold of any red buttons I get for you as I don't need red. I'm also looking for very light pink/dusky pink and light sage green colours. I'll save up extra ones for a while before posting to people, think I only have one red one so far and it's heart shaped, not worth sending on it's own lol x

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 22:01

BrideBrat:

My little flowers arrived today for the bouquet too :) I will keep hold of any red buttons I get for you as I don't need red. I'm also looking for very light pink/dusky pink and light sage green colours. I'll save up extra ones for a while before posting to people, think I only have one red one so far and it's heart shaped, not worth sending on it's own lol x

HI

i will keep and buttons aswell, ive got no pink or light green but any i get i will keep. xx

• Posted: 17 Sep 2010 7:56

I'll go through my button box for red ones - sure to find some for you STBMRSEVANS. And Sage and pink for you Bridebat. I am looking for turquiose and aqua - blues and greens (water theme) and yellow. So if you come across any buttons those colour that you don't want I will cheekily take them off your hands!

Met a friend last night who is getting married eight months after me but is so much more organised! I probably should start making all these things I say I am doing!

Posted: 17 Sep 2010 9:03

That wld be great rainclound any turquiose or aqua, greens i will gladly forward onto.

i'm the same.....lol........we better get our a***'s into gear ha ha or we'll still be making them the nite b4 the wedding. xxxx

• Posted: 17 Sep 2010 18:43

Ha! no way am I doing it the night before the wedding! I figure I need to look at invites first and get those made so maybe after that I will start making the bouquet things. However I also plan to make my tiara as well as all the stationary stuff like order of service. It will all come together I am sure - no need to stress yet!

Found you some pretty flower shaped red buttons STBMRSEVANS so will keep looking  and then send them on when I have gathered an envelope full.

On a completely different topic I am going dress shopping tomorrow and if I still like the dress I tried on a month ago I am buying it!! Whoop whoop! So that will be one more thing to add to the list of church booked and recption place booked - which is all I have done so far!!!

• Posted: 17 Sep 2010 18:54

I am on the hunt for buttons! Any one have any good websites to purchse them from? Have ordered a few off ebay but am getting impatient - want to order this weekend and then I can begin making them!!

Also I am hoping to make them for my tables (if my first one comes out good) - but am not sure on colours. My colour scheme has changed so now thinking midnight blue, ivory and silver... so should I make the button bouqets mainly ivory, white and silver and add a few blue button flowers in also? Or add some sparkle?! any suggestions very welcome :)

• Posted: 17 Sep 2010 19:56

I ordered my first load of buttons from ebay on Wednesday night and they arrived today. I'm very pleased with them also as they are a different variety of sizes, shades and patterns. I've found a couple of websites but the best one (as mentioned in a previous post) is www.totallybuttons.com however I don't think they are uber fast at shipping! In saying that though, their buttons are beautiful and in my opinion, well worth the wait Smile

I've thought about adding felt flowers into my bouquet aswell. My colour scheme is purple and ivory, quite a common one I think!! I love the idea of a button swap shop and will keep a 'stash' of all the ones I don't need to use for sending onto fellow hitchers!

Posted: 17 Sep 2010 22:04

raincloud:

Ha! no way am I doing it the night before the wedding! I figure I need to look at invites first and get those made so maybe after that I will start making the bouquet things. However I also plan to make my tiara as well as all the stationary stuff like order of service. It will all come together I am sure - no need to stress yet!

Found you some pretty flower shaped red buttons STBMRSEVANS so will keep looking  and then send them on when I have gathered an envelope full.

On a completely different topic I am going dress shopping tomorrow and if I still like the dress I tried on a month ago I am buying it!! Whoop whoop! So that will be one more thing to add to the list of church booked and recption place booked - which is all I have done so far!!!

Hi Raincloud, the buttons sound lovely.  I'm making my own sationary aswell but cannot do anything about that till booked the registar which i can do at xmas.

ooooooh dress shopping how exciting bet u cannot wait to try the dress on again. xxx

• Posted: 28 Dec 2010 19:44

Hi ladies, just reviving this thread as I'm interested in making a button bouquet myself. How is everyone getting on with their bouquets? Has anyone finished yet and more importantly got any pics to flash?

• Posted: 29 Dec 2010 12:15

Thank you mrsL'cham2be for bringing this back to my attention.

I definately didnt want a flower bouquet but this has just made my mind up for me, im going to have a go at making a button bouquet.

Bridebrat, I know im new but I can see why you won the most helpful hitcher award - truly deserved!

Are you still interested in buttons? Ive got quite a collection going on... well a few to get me started..I can do a flash if you like?

How is your bouquet coming along? can I ask you no the white almost tulip shape button you use underneath the pearl to make the stem what would you call those? are they buttons aswell?

Many thanks!

Kate

• Posted: 29 Dec 2010 12:43

I still haven't attached mine to my bouquet holder.. I'm so scared of doing it incase I mess up lol! May try it soon though.

Kitty, flash us your buttons by all means Big Smile

The 'trumpet' type thingy is a toggle thingy, you know the sort that would go on the end of a pull string on a coat or something, kinda makes it a bit daffodil-like.. Except not yellow lol.

• Posted: 29 Dec 2010 13:58

Well I dont need telling twice to flash...Wink I still need some bigger buttons for the "bottom" layer and I want more glitzy ones and sparkly ones but i dont think this is bad to say i only decided last night...(I raided my mums button box)

Obviously my colours are red, silver, grey white and silver/glitter

Where is best to get the from?(apart from ebay obviously)

thank you again BB!

• Posted: 29 Dec 2010 14:13

Ooh lots of buttons to be getting on with, you'll find you need hundreds more lol. I think I have about 800 buttons overall.

I bought a few off ebay but then found that they were always smaller than I imagined them to be so was left disappointed. I got about 600 of mine from a craft fair at the NEC and all the special sparkly/nice ones were from craft/button/sewing type shops. Some were expensive though mind, they can easily go upto and beyond £5 per button!! Most of my special ones were around £2 each.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous123Next >