Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Going2theChapel
Beginner March 2013

2 months 2 weeks before the wedding... venue change!

Going2theChapel, 9 of January of 2013 at 19:29 Posted on Planning 0 17

AHHH we must be bonkers but we have changed our Venue! I am so excited!!!

Things, unfortunately, didn't work out with our venue. We have had it booked for over a year, our wedding has been molded and shaped around this place and we were devastated to find they booked out every single one of our rooms to a golfing weekend party without consulting us on our plans It came as a huge smack in the face having originally been told by the former wedding planner that we had up to 6 weeks before the wedding to book rooms exclusively before they were released to the public. [:'(] We found 3 days ago that the former wedding planner no longer worked there as of a month after we booked and the rooms were not reserved for the wedding only and anyone could book. We did not even know there was a new wedding co-ordinator, if we'd have known we could have had another meeting to go over the wedding. When looking for a venue, it was imperative for us that we have on site accommodation as part of our wedding, we have most family travelling 180miles to be there and 2 young children of our own. My parents planned to take it in turns to mind the children while they were sleeping and elderly would retreat back early, we also had a huge family breakfast booked for the following morning at the venue and some chill time together. The venue unfortunately have not been willing to prioritise our wedding over the golfing weekend, i can partly understand as they have taken deposits but it means we loose bits of our wedding that were important to us. The resolution was to offer taxi's to other hotels for our guests but we have declined and will be collecting our deposit back and taking our wedding somewhere it will be everything we want it to be. They were supposed to call us back yesterday morning to discuss what they could do and they just havent bothered to contact us at all since then, I have lost so much confidence in them, its like they don't even care that this is our wedding day. Now there is just too much ill feeling and resentment. I probably sound bridezilla but I feel its a lot of money to spend on a day that will not be all you want it to be and was not what we signed up for.

A fresh start is what we needed, until we found something new we felt like the venue had us well and truly over a barrel.

I am now feeling much relief to have found a venue close by that has our date available and that we love. Infact, its pretty much a dream venue and I still have the brochure from back when we started planning but it was way over our budget at that time. We visited our new venue today to have a look around and crunch numbers. Our new wedding co-ordinator have been really amazing and since its so close to the wedding we have made an amazing deal. We are just amazed we will actually be getting married there and it feels like fate. Did i forget to say Amazing? ?

17 replies

Latest activity by mummymrs2b, 12 of January of 2013 at 07:55
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I'm so please it has all worked out for the best like you say fate! Amazing ?

• erinm
    Beginner August 2013
    erinm ·
    • Hide content

Ur not a bridezilla at all! that is outrageous! When i worked in hotels i had some colleagues who would 'forget' to reserve wedding guests bedrooms and these dilemmas are horrible and bloody golfers get priority over everyone, it makes me sick (there was a golf course at my old hotel i worked in)! And to get a new wedding coordinator start working there who didnt call/email you to introduce themselves and offer for you to go and meet them means they must have a terrble conference/wedding office manager! Thats such an important thing to do!! Sounds like you've made the right decision, congrats on the new venue, i'm sure they'll make everything perfect for you

Erin x

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning a wedding similar to yours it sounds, on site accommodation is very important to us so I know how upset you must have been. I'm glad you've managed to find a new venue you're happy with Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner June 2015
    Confused bride.... ·
    • Hide content

Everything happens for a reason!!! Sorry your or at venue have been so shitty with you, but, look what's come from it :-)

can't wait to read your story! Xxxx

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

And i cant wait to write it ?

It's a shame the original venue has let us down like this but we are of the same opinion, everything happens for a reason. And the new venue is going to be everything we want our wedding to be and more!

2 days ago I was a stressed mess

1 days ago I was ready to accept the venues f**k up and deal with it

Today we actively solved all our problems! yay

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Yay! I'm sooooo glad its worked out for you and you got your dream venue ?

(Just remember to let your registrar know ?)

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Can't wait to get my hands on you at that venue ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

So pleased this has worked out! Definitely fate! Can we see the new venue?

Nic will do a fab job as always!

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Heres my new baby! http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/hotels/midlands/stratford-upon-avon-welcombe-hotel-spa-and-golf-club/gallery/

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

What drama! But a gorgeous new venue, no wonder you are excited!

• JenniferRFC
    Beginner August 2013
    JenniferRFC ·
    • Hide content

So pleased you have sorted everything. As someone who has just changed venue (albeit 7 months ahead) I appreciate how stressful it can be. Sounds like it will be amazing x

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! ? You lucky thing!

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Its crazy how ive gone from meltdown to feeling so incredibly lucky

Nic is absolutely amazing! We are so excited to have her photograph our wedding and work her magic... been very lucky there too, Nicola was also a fate meant to happen ? ?

We have a lot to be grateful for Smiley smile

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I remember that hotel! I went to college in Stratford on a Travel & Tourism course & did a project on it!

You sound really happy hun & I'm not surprised. You must have been super stressed a couple of days ago though bless ya xx

• Mrs.P.To.Be
    Beginner March 2013
    Mrs.P.To.Be ·
    • Hide content

That's great news, glad you got it sorted after all that stress!

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel0203 ·
    • Hide content

Wow thats so exciting you have changed venues so near to the day, glad its all worked out for the best. It must have meant to be!

They should have told you that the wedding coordinator had left, one of the coordinators at our hotel for the wedding is leaving at the end of this month, but she personally rang me up over a month ago to tell me she was leaving and they had already got a replacement for her who she was training up. So will all run smoothly!

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

What a nightmare for you to go through but glad it's all sorted. That new venue is lovely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics