Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2021 Wiltshire

Anyone else getting married in October?!

Luxuriousorangeconfetti79769, 17 of April of 2020 at 21:48 Posted on Planning 0 25

I’m due to get married 30th October - just wondering if anyone else is still planning on getting married in October due to the Coronavirus pandemic? I’m really hoping this will still go ahead as we have based the wedding around a pumpkin theme!

All the day invites have gone out, I’d really like to be sending evening invites out soon but not sure if it’s a bit premature?!

25 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 14:00
  • ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

My brother is due for 10th of October. They're still plowing ahead. Mine would've been two days ago and we've postponed until September and are still hoping for that too. Who knows what will happen. I would still hope for Sep/Oct at the mo.

• RomanticIvoryCakes32606
    Beginner October 2020
    RomanticIvoryCakes32606 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We're currently getting married on 3rd October this year and still hoping things go ahead as normal! It's so difficult to know if things are going to be okay then but for the moment we're just doing everything normally but trying to pay for things close to the deadline rather than early just in case! Trying to do things that dont involve dates at the moment, like buying wedding rings, bridal accessories and making decor, rather than catering, cake etc. We'd also not sent our evening invites yet and are considering cutting evening guests to save some money, as I've been furloughed and not earning bonus. so we have less money than we thought.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyPinkDiamonds13554 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at the end of October and plan to proceed and just keep an eye on things. I think whilst it's a concern it is far enough away for anything to change. so best not too worry too much (as hard as may be).

My sister had to cancel a wedding from May and have rearranged to later in the year.

Fingers crossed all is ok!

Out of all the things worried about and considered planning a wedding, never saw this coming thats for sure!

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyGoldCars64024 ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is 3rd October and we have just moved it back a year. I just don't feel that the wedding will be the one we envisaged, and wouldn't want to put any guests at risk (quite a few vulnerable and elderly in attendance).

I also can't bear the thought of being on tenterhooks for the next 5 months, and it's totally taken away the joy of planning.

Feeling super sad but already relieved it's not something I need to worry about now.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married (hopefully) on the 16th November and am hoping it can go ahead still. It's a really stressful time at the minute to be honest as both me and my fiance work in hospitality so are being furloughed and no idea when we can go back to work or if the government scheme will finish before we are back at work. As a result will probably have to cut some of what I imagined at the wedding.

I think we have to go along as normal at the minute as may lose deposits if try to cancel. To be honest I always had a wintry wedding in mind so the thought of moving to another season or putting back until the end of 2021 is something I really dont want to do but I'm worried if they cancel my wedding towards the end of this year there wont be any dates until 2022.

Sorry for the long rant just needed to vent at someone who could understand my worry, feels like noone else wants to listen incase they upset me

Are you thinking your weddings will go ahead? To be honest I really wasnt worried until I started to read messages on these forums. I think they must start to ease up on restrictions by November and to be honest all I can is hope they start to lift (both from the perspective of my wedding and so I can get paid again)

• HappyBlueConfetti82011
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyBlueConfetti82011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies, new to the forums! Smiley smile

I'm in a similar situation, due to get married on 18th September in Cumbria but we live in the Isle of Man and as it stands our borders are currently closed and will remain so until the situation in the UK is under control which we believe could be some time yet. We have guests travelling from Australia, America, Europe, Ireland, other parts of England and the Isle of Man. I just cannot see how it could possibly go ahead with talks of social distancing having to remain in place for the rest of the year and the situation with international travel.

Our venue won't consider a postponement until 1st July but the living in limbo is driving me insane, I don't know how much longer I can cope with the not knowing. We've already had friends and family asking what is going on and I get the impression a lot of people will feel uncomfortable travelling in the near future even if things are lifted. We have insurance thankfully but they will only cover us if it's officially cancelled by the venue, but I get the impression they will do everything they can for it to go ahead so they don't lose out financially, and we're not covered from a travel point of view even though we might not physically be able to get there!

I'm at the point where I just want it to be cancelled, sounds awful but we've put our heart and soul into this for the last 6 months and I just feel all the excitement has gone. Not to mention there's still a ton of things need doing (we don't have suits yet and the shops are all shut for one!). I want to this all to be a distant memory by the time we get married and can't now imagine the thought of it still going ahead last minute with staff in gloves and masks, guests feeling nervous and people not being allowed to hug / kiss etc. Smiley sad

Anyone else getting married in September and have you cancelled or still holding out hope?

• SunnyOrangeStationery96672
    Beginner October 2020
    SunnyOrangeStationery96672 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I am a fellow October bride, due to get married on Saturday 31st and every reply on here I can completely relate to. The waiting game is painful and not knowing either way if it will go ahead makes everything worst. I think I could accept postponement if we had to but our venue is hopeful October will be fine so we are sitting tight for now. So sorry this has happened to us girls. It’s my number one stress right now and I am a nurse! Sending love to all xx

• L
    Luxuriousorangeconfetti79769 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all thanks for your messages, we decided to postpone just to be on the safe side to end of February and hope things may be a little more normal by then.

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyGoldCars64024 ·
    • Hide content

I am sure it was a hard decision but at least you can breather more easily now!

• Y
    YourWeddingFilmed ·
    • Hide content

We are hoping wedding will be back this year, but the likelihood is there will be a restriction on guests and social distancing rules still.

For this reason many of our brides have decided to postpone until early next year. Weddings are just not the same if all the people you love can't be there to celebrate with you!

If you are going ahead it may be worth planning to live stream your ceremony through you videographer or ask a friend.

We are trying to help brides going ahead by offering multiple camera live streaming of ceremonies and speeches. We are also going to premiere some of the ceremonies or highlights later the same day this way a bride can watch back the ceremony and interact live with guests on Facebook or Youtube. Other brides have just asked us to be double quick on editing the wedding film so we have promised a weeks turnaround time!

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

Out of interest what have peoples venues had to say about postponing if not due to get married until later in the year?

I asked my venue if I could potentially pencil in a second date next year until closer to my wedding date so I know if my November wedding this year will take place and they just said that at the moment they havent postponed any weddings past July and are hoping to open as usual in summer. I also asked if weddings are able to take place but I wont be able to have the numbers (I have booked for 40 day with an additional 20 evening) that I had booked for or the same experience (ie facemasks etc) am I able to move without losing the deposit but never really got an answer for that either

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content

The uncertainty of it all is really difficult.

We're due to get married on 4th October. We're still hopeful that our wedding can go ahead. Before we went into full lockdown our venue were still holding weddings but put extra precautions in place and limited numbers to 100. Even if that has to happen again we can work with that. If it can't go ahead they'll help us to find a date in the future. We're carrying on for now as if the wedding is going ahead as planned and we'll just have to keep an eye on things.

We're trying to use this time to plan other bits and pieces like making decorations to try and keep some excitement about it.

We're due to go on our honeymoon two days after the wedding and we also don't know the likelihood of that going ahead.

It's a difficult time but I'm glad that there's still a good few months away. We can only hope things work out!

• H
    Beginner October 2020
    HappyGoldCars7723 ·
    • Hide content

I'm due to get married with 60 guests on 1st October, does anyone have any updates since the latest news on 10th May? I read somewhere that registrars are going to allow 5 people (including couple, themselves and 2 witnesses) until end of August.

I'm waiting until tonight's (11th May) announcements before speaking to the council and the venue this week.

We have decided a back up plan, have insurance and my partner is very savvy and persuasive when it comes to any additional costs we might incur but it's the not knowing if we need to take action which is the worst.

• L
    Luxuriousorangeconfetti79769 ·
    • Hide content

We ended up paying £1000 to postpone to end of Feb from October. We were able to do this as we were just over 6 months before the wedding - had it been within 6 month period it would of cost us way too much to postpone.

we were lucky as feb is a cheaper month to get married in for our venue to it actually worked out we broke even. All of our suppliers moved the date with no charge too. The only thing we might have to pay out for is giving our notice at the registry office again but that will be about £70 so won’t break the bank.

its worth putting the feelers out to your venue to see what their policy on postponing is. I feel so much better by postponing it, although still nervous that Feb might not happen the way we envisaged.

good luck x

• HappyBlueConfetti82011
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyBlueConfetti82011 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue won't let us do anything until July at the earliest (for our September wedding). I've just asked them outright can we please postpone and they've said no. It's so upsetting and stressful, all the excitement of our wedding has gone and all our friends and family are asking what is happening / agreeing that they can see no way of it happening as we'd planned. I'm getting really frustrated at the lack of compassion from our venue but I suppose they are a business at the end of the day. It just seems we're prolonging the inevitable. Neither of us want to get married this year anymore because of all the uncertainty but we're completely in the hands of the venue for the next two months stuck in limbo!

Anyone else finding this extremely hard to deal with emotionally? It's supposed to be the biggest day of our lives and it's all just stress and tears at the moment Smiley sad

xx

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it's really stressful for me too I'm supposed to be getting married in November. As much as I dont want to postpone as I feel very attached to my date and dont want to postpone for a whole year I just want to know if it will be able to go ahead as we had planned. I asked my venue if I could pencil in a reserve date for next year but they just said at the minute they arent postponing any weddings past July and I asked if the wedding couldn't be the same as I had planned ie if I had to have less people or everyone was having to wear masks if I could postpone and not lose my deposit but didn't really get an answer.

I feel like all the fun has been taken out of planning and its really stressful, we were going to send invitations July or august but I dont want to send them while everything is so negative about the virus. I still havent got a dress yet as I started looking the week before lockdown and we were meant to be doing the hen away somewhere in september but doubt that will happen.

• S
    Beginner September 2020
    SunnyPinkConfetti83062 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

we are also in the same boat as you, and due to get married mid-September. The communication from the venue has been appalling considering they are rated 5 star.
    Each day I’m losing optimism that the wedding will actually go ahead and I am more than happy to postpone but the venue is giving nothing away. We’ve just emailed the to see if they will hold off a possible postponement date until we find out more information from the government. As you say though, this is meant to be a happy exciting time, people should be asking if we are exited for our wedding and not asking if it’s still going ahead.

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

I know! Its frustrating as the wedding isn't until later in the year so the venue isn't wanting to postpone me as it may still be able to go ahead. If I had a summer wedding I'm sure the venue would have let me postpone until 2021 but I'm worried if I do have to postpone that by the time they let me it will be 2022 before I can get another date.

I've already resigned to the fact that my hen will be after my wedding itself (I had originally said when lockdown first happened that I didn't mind if it was after the wedding- didn't really realise this would end up being the case at the time!) Which I dont really mind but it's one more aspect of the build up im going to miss out on. I feel like its going to be so stressful getting last bits sorted once the shops have opened and a part of me is dreading it in a way as I dont want to get my Hope's up too much that I'll have the wedding I imagined for them to be dashed

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyGreenCakes6272 ·
    • Hide content

I've signed up just to post here as I've found my people! We're meant to be getting married mid September and like many of you we just don't want to go ahead with it because there's too much uncertainty. Our amazing caterer and photographer are happy to move but our venue are being truly awful.

They'll only give us winter months or week day, neither which works for us and the venue would be awful if the weather was horrid. Genuinely don't know where to go from here without losing our money and all hope that we'll get a date next year.

• R
    Beginner October 2020
    RachaelMullinsToBe ·
    • Hide content

We’re wedding twins! We are also set to marry on 30th October and I specifically joined hitched tonight to try and get some thoughts on this exact topic. I am completely freaking out. At the start of lockdown I completely abandoned all wedding planning, and I’m just now picking up where I left off. But I have this horrible feeling social distancing will still be being pushed and my 100 guest wedding will go up in smoke. I am trying to plan regardless, because if I don’t and it DOES then seem likely to go ahead as planned, I’d be on the back foot. But it’s all I think about day and night and it’s driving me mad :-( ... we too are all pumpkin themed and I have emerald green for the bridesmaids. I just feel so anxious!

• W
    Beginner June 2020
    Weddingbee123 ·
    • Hide content

Our June wedding was postponed to 23rd October 2020 our venue refused to let us move to next year they said that we would have to pay for both days. I also feel like it’s been one big anti climax and I just can’t be bothered organising another wedding we don’t think we will have all of our 90 guests. We are hoping to get married on that day with however many guests we are allowed to have and then have a party later on. I’m very upset there have been tears!! I think it’s because we have had it booked for 2 years and I had just had my wedding dress fitting and we had sent our invites out :-( so sorry for everybody who is having to deal with all this. Xxx

• E
    Beginner October 2021
    ExpensiveBlueCars58616 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on the 9th October and still ploughing ahead with plans. Feeling optimistic!

Biggest concern is that we haven't yet registered our intent to marry as we got engaged during the pandemic (quick engagement) so relying on the registery offices opening a month before so we can do that!

• H
    Beginner September 2022
    HappyPurpleBridesmaid8875 ·
    • Hide content

Hello all,

I have been trying to find somewhere and someone who I can chat with all this about. My fiance is very understanding and supportive. But I am sure you are all the same and have been dreaming about this day since you were a little girl! I feel I have missed out on so much. All the planning and organising we have pretty much done alone. No suit shopping for the groomens and dresses for the bridesmaids etc. No planning brunches with my girls etc. Everything has just had to be ordered online and hope for the best.

I am glad i got my dress in January.

Our date is 24th October and I am trying my best to be hopeful. Everyone around me keeps assuring me it will all go ahead as planned and they are positive. But part of me just can't see it anymore, and whenever I think about it I want to cry. We have spent alot of money and time planning this day. We don't really want to postpone as we want to start trying for a baby straight away. I am also worried as so many have postponed early this year, there will be no dates left.

with the recent announcement of 30 ceremony guests for church weddings, I feel things are moving in the right direction. However i feel it is all down to if the numbers spike. What is happening is terrible, i feel for every bride that has to cancel/postpone and anyone who has lost a loved one during this time. My mental health has been heavily impacted by all this and I am currently signed off from work as I was struggling.

We have a meeting with the venue in July so hopefully I can have all my questions answered. We only have 50 guests anyway, and we have discussed and could cut this down to around 40/42 if we take away some plus ones and children who are not direct family.

My hen do is in September at a log cabin so all being well that will go ahead. My friends and family really want the wedding to go ahead, as it will be a nice happy time after the crappy start to the year and we can all party together.

fingers crossed for you all. stay safe x

• L
    Beginner October 2021 Herefordshire
    LittleMissPlanToPerfection ·
    • Hide content

We are due to get married on the 24th October too, it is so difficult to decide. Our venue may possibly offer a reserve date,although this is not till 12 weeks before and we are worried the dates we want will be gone, as we need it during the school holidays. The venue will then confirm 9 weeks before if we get october or our reserve date, and can also cancel the reserve date if they think it has improved. We are due to have 80 to the day and 130 to the evening. All the uncertainty and lack of help from the venue has taken away any excitement, and is just replaced by anxiety and stress.

• H
    Beginner December 2020
    HappyPurpleCakes8224 ·
    • Hide content

I’m with you on the all excitement has been taken away. Really hope your October wedding goes ahead!we are not due to get married until December 13th but just can’t see the day being the one we planned for. Venues can’t give us anymore info until boris says so but the whole waiting for announcements is beyond tiring Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics