Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2020

Help! 40s or 50's inspired wedding dress

SunnyYellowConfetti93187, 12 of January of 2020 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all. My search for the prefect wedding outfit has become a bit of a saga and I'd really appreciate some help, as I feel like I'm going around in circles atm!

I'd really like a vintage look, with a short dress so I can dance easily at our evening do (can't justify the cost of having 2 dresses). Unfortunately, I only suit pencil slim / wiggle dress styles - anything with volume at the skirt is a big no-no for me!

My initial thoughts was to team a lacy pencil dress with a feather / faux fur bolero jacket (plus vintage looking heels), but I've yet to find a dress that is dressy enough to be bridal wear and appropriate for a church ceremony (a lot of the style are quite low cut!).

I'd be really grateful for any guidance, advice or suggestions...

Advanced thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Ellajackson, 13 of March of 2020 at 08:58
  • H
    Beginner
    Happybride71 ·
    • Hide content

Take a look at Lou Lou brides dresses. Also, Bombshell HQ and Dig for Victory clothing.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Alie Street are designed & made in the UK and have some lovely short ones.

• E
    Beginner November 2015
    Ellajackson ·
    • Hide content

I my opinion 40's and 50's wedding dress are traditional and better then today's dresses, it is quite difficult to find 40's and 50's dress but you can check it from different online stores, and to decrease the cost you can use online couples code to buy 2 dresses at one dress cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics