Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2022

Good Friday vs Easter Sunday wedding

SunnyGreenHair93266, 8 of October of 2019 at 20:30 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello! Looking for some honest opinions, we are considering getting married on either Good Friday or Easter Sunday. Mainly attracted to these dates as the vast majority of our guests would have a 4 day weekend around Easter and also the venue is MUCH cheaper! None of our guests are particularly religious so don’t see this being a problem but aware neither day is traditionally a day to get married. Do you think one date is better than the other? Or would you not go for either? Can’t decide if it’s a great idea or a terrible one! Thanks in advance Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownCars12359, 21 of October of 2019 at 08:32
  • E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing Easter Saturday next year. Lovely time of year. Our registrar wouldn’t do weddings on Easter Sunday so you might want to check that. I would say good Friday may be a problem if people are travelling before as probably working on Thursday

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Easter is a very popular time for weddings and is a good excuse for eggs with names on for table place names - also double up as favours. Easter egg hunt keeps any kids happy for a while. I have also seen small buckets of cream eggs for the evening guests.

Somebody couldn't wait ?

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely agree it’s nice to go to weddings on a bank holiday when you have more time to recover and travel! Only thing I’d say to consider is if those who might need to travel by train / public transport might struggle on the Sunday perhaps as services can be limited.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics