Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious September 2019

Exhausted but excited! Any other DIY brides getting married this weekend or very soon?

Missus_Mop, 11 of September of 2019 at 20:44 Posted on Planning 0 1

Okay, if I ever have to stick heart-shaped doilies on a tin can ever again, I'll scream, lol ?? Wedding is this Saturday and it's a village hall wedding with a huge DIY element, as we did not have a big wedding budget (nor did we want one, as I just can't justify a massive expenditure for one day of my life).

I have lists coming out of my ears, wake up a 5am each morning with yet another 'to do' buzzing in my head, I have glue stuck all over my fingers, I keep thinking of endless new bits that need to be tied together, my house is stuffed to the brim of things to bring (about 10 car loads!), and yet....I have actually been very organised! So I can only imagine what it must be like for those who leave it to the last minute.

I really hope it all pulls off well this Saturday. We have created and made so many parts of our wedding (I have done a foraged blackberry cordial to make Blackberry Kir Royales as the welcome cocktail, for example), and have such a huge contribution from family and friends, that our celebration will be so very personal. This was the key reason for wanting such a DIY approach.

So so excited now, but yes, super exhausted. I am starting to relax a bit more though as I think we are on top of everything. Fingers crossed there are no great hiccups between now and Saturday. I think if a few things do go wrong, it won't be the end of the world - we shall find a way.

Any other DIY brides getting married soon or this weekend? How are you feeling?

1 replies

Latest activity by Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 18 of September of 2019 at 13:20
  • B
    Beginner
    bopsybunny ·
    • Hide content

Hope your wedding went well! I'm just really starting to get ideas for mine, and I expect there will be some DIY elements. I am currently DIY-ing our save the dates and have spent many hours painstakingly painting our names onto homemade clay hearts! I actually find it quite therapeutic!

The more I research the cost of wedding decorations, the more I want to do myself. However we are travelling 200 miles to my hometown, so we can't take on more than a car-ful ourselves...

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

YES!!! How did it go?

Ours was just perfect, beautiful weather, location, and all my DIY bits looked better than I had expected!

I hope you had as fabulous a day as we did Smiley smile xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics