Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Outdoor Wedding July Staffordshire?

LuxuriousBrownDiamonds69528, 26 of August of 2019 at 15:59 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all

I have the option of booking a Thursday wedding in early July (2nd or 9th 2020).

As the grounds of Modershall Oaks (the venue) are very picturesque I wondered if I am being a little silly to get my hopes of having an outdoor wedding up?

Has anyone planned for an outdoor wedding and been disappointed by the weather on the day?

Of the two dates mentioned, do you think there is anything worth considering in deciding between them?

We plan to have a very small ceremony and family have confirmed that they can attend already as we were naturally a little worried about hosting it on a weekday.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

1 replies

Latest activity by chunky120717, 21 of September of 2019 at 16:05
  • H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

we have booked our wedding for July 2021 (also Staffordshire!) and are hoping to have the ceremony outside and drinks / mingling outside. The main thing that helped us was viewing lots of venues on AWFUL weather and realising they either didn’t have a good bad weather contingency or the indoor ceremony option wasn’t as nice. We picked our venue as the outside ceremony will be lovely, but if bad weather forces us to have it inside we know we’ll still be happy and not disappointed and that helped make the decision - hope that helps!

• C
    Beginner March 2021
    chunky120717 ·
    • Hide content

We've picked a venue that has contingency for both. We will be in March in rural Derbyshire. They will plan for inside/outside and make a choice on the morning. They've even switched to inside/outside at 5 minutes notice.

I think given this summer's weather you can be caught out at any time of year so provided you can plan for both go with what suits your preferences.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics