Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2021 Perthshire

Plus size bridesmaid nightmare

SunnyYellowDecor97476, 11 of July of 2019 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 0 5

Im starting to stress. My wedding isn't until next May. I have been actively losing weight this year to make sure I canook my best in my wedding dress. I have dropped a couple of dress sizes already. My bridesmaids on the other hand are quite large girls. I have no issue with this. However im struggling to find bridesmaids dresses that suit them and don't cost the earth. Neither of them wear dresses and so the dresses won't be worn again so I don't want to spend too much. The biggest worry is them putting on more weight. One of the girls has put on a stone and a half in the last 4 month and the other has been consistently putting weight on for the last 4 or 5 years. They are already around a size 20 or 22 which means I can't really go to high street shops. Online worries me as it can take a month or two for dresses to arrive and they might have put more weight on by the time they arrive and then again before the wedding. Ordering cheap dresses worried me as will they be a terrible fit or quality.

I don't know what at all to do for the best. The dresses will either need sleeves to flatter the girls arms or I'll need separate boleros. This in itself causes stress as they would need to match the dresses.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom. I want my bridesmaids to look beautiful in dresses that flatter them.

5 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 15 of July of 2019 at 21:50

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics