Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner March 2020

Table centrepieces that don't involve flowers?

HollyHavisham, 30 of June of 2019 at 23:35 Posted on Planning 0 5

Our budget for flowers isn't huge and although I have done plenty of research and got lots of quotes, and booked our florist, I am trying to save on the budget by not having flowers as centrepieces.

We do want stacks of vintage books and some terrariums with tea lights in, but I am worried that the lack of flowers will be noticed. Has anyone got any ideas on what else we could add to the table to jazz them up a bit? We are not 'mainstream' when it comes to wedding so anything unusual but classy would be great!

I have looked at fake flowers to try and keep the budget low but think everything looks a bit cheap and tacky. If anyone knows of any decent looking silk flower suppliers please do let me know! I have looked on ebay but am really sceptical of the photos on there.

5 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 30 of August of 2019 at 22:56
  • L
    Savvy August 2021
    LuxuriousGreenHair66000 ·
    • Hide content

Your current ideas sound great! You could also go with table runners, ribbons and alternative centrepieces like you have mentioned will impress guests instead and they will forget about flowers. If you are that bothered about flowers you could accompany the centrepieces with tiny/tall vases with one or two flowers in (maybe shop bought flowers?). But its really not necessary.

• R
    Beginner July 2019
    RomanticGoldStationery774 ·
    • Hide content

Your idea sounds fabulous. We were thinking that as well but have now decided on a big pot of Lego so people can build things. I don't think flowers are necessary at all - it's just the done thing but that doesn't mean it has to be done!

• F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

Are your tables round? We have 3 long tables and while I have some flower boxes dotted around, I'm also getting a bunch of votive candle holders to scatter about inbetween. My table runners are really long pieces of soft white muslin that's about £20 for 10m on ebay. If I wasn't having boxes then I'd have the stacks of books with candles dotted about too.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I don’t want flowers as centrepieces either because I think that it’s such a waste of money! I have ordered some tall lanterns from Matalan which will have pillar candles burning inside them. I plan on dotting some tea lights around in pretty votives and perhaps having a few single stem flowers in individual vases too. I have glittery table numbers and I also have pink and gold glitter circular table confetti. I am also thinking of gold sequin runners and chair hoods to jazz it up a bit. Oh, and using a log slice to stand everything on too. Hope this helps x

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

My brother is a tree surgeon and at his wedding they named the tables after trees and each centre piece was like a wee mini tree with fairy lights on it. I can’t find any photos but my brother made them himself and they were really nice but different too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics