Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2020

Help/Advice Choosing a Dress!

HappyPurpleBridesmaid10433, 6 of June of 2019 at 10:48 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this is a little strange, or if anyone else has done it!?

However i'm starting to get flustered trying to choose a dress and I would love some opinions from people out there.

The attached photos are the top 3 dresses out of those (probably 30!) i've tried on so far... I don't know if I am doing the wrong thing comparing them, but I loved all three of them on and in my mind they were my favourite three, but looking at them all together I now have no idea - my mum and bridesmaids all have their different favourites too!

I'm wondering now that if I can't make my mind up, none of them are THE dress!?

I'd just love outsiders opinion of what does/doesn't look good and also would I know if one of these were THE dress!?

Thanks so much in advance.

7 replies

Latest activity by Busybrides, 13 of August of 2019 at 17:50
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

They’re all gorgeous but you have to think about what you’re going to be comfortable in. They’re all very fitted and might be a bit restricting and feel a bit tight when you’re moving about. The top one is quite low cut and revealing and I would be far too self conscious to wear that and I’d be thinking about that all day and not able to relax and enjoy myself but that’s just me!

• S
    Beginner August 2020
    SunnyIvoryBridesmaid94560 ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely adore the first & last dresses!

Like you I tried on dress after dress after dress, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted.

( white, very simple a line with some lace detailing) Then one of my bridesmaids picked out a blush tulle lace ball gown style and I immediately laughed at but tried it on anyway and fell completely in love. I knew right away it was my dress.

All three dresses are very similar styles, have you tried a different style? Perhaps that’s the problem? Failing that maybe write a short pro con list for each of your three favourites? See what comes out on top

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

My favourite is the first one, although you look gorgeous in them all!

It's such a classic shape, and the train is amazing! X

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    wamyood ·
    • Hide content

The first, no doubt, lace and vintage button on the back.

• M
    martinnathalie ·
    • Hide content

The first one definitely makes room for a beautiful necklace! The Third one is beautiful too, the back is so pretty!

Although style is everything, you should think about comfort! This has already been said but I thought I would say it again as you don't want to be not feeling good on your big day!

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

One or three for me! I think three pips it a little more though because of the lace and the back. If you like the lower neckline, could their seamstress make the front more into a v-neck so the lace becomes straps, maybe continuing the width of the back/shoulder over??? Not sure if that make sense.

• E
    Beginner October 2019
    ExpensivePinkBridesmaid40725 ·
    • Hide content

They're all nice though you definitely have a type!

I think the first one is the most pretty and flattering though. You have a lovely figure and this shows it off! Only thing is would sitting on those buttons be uncomfortable?

I think you do know when your found "the one", mine was one that the lady in the shop picked out based on what I had already tried and I fell in love with it instantly. Sure, I had doubts after I bought it but when I tried it on again they were put aside.

• Busybrides
    Beginner February 2031 Essex
    Busybrides ·
    • Hide content

Number three for me. It is absolutely stunning! It doesn't have a belt like number one which looks like its just cutting you off from the bottom, and you can't see your knickers like you can in number 2 (although I'm sure you will get other underwear, it is prone to show more than number three. Finally your figure looks insane in number three and the kind of style you can get away with any hairstyle! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics