Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E

Help choosing a date - 6th June or 11th July?!

e085, 3 of June of 2019 at 09:32 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello,

I'm currently trying to choose between the 6th June and 11th July 2020 for my wedding date. Neither are significantly different in terms of the availability of the suppliers that we want, our careers, sporting fixtures etc so I just wanted to get views from others as to which you would choose, all else being equal, and why?

Thanks in advance for any help on this! Keep flip flopping at the mo. so help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

E

7 replies

Latest activity by e085, 13 of June of 2019 at 21:21
  • L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content

It depends on where in the country you are. We got married two days ago June 1st as July can be quite a wet month. True to form for June here our day was dry and 17 degrees. This is the UK though and you can never predict the weather.

• E
    e085 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Wedding will be in Sussex, so south.....but obviously it is the UK and so as you say you can't predict the weather!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

People are more likely to be away on holiday in July than June so I’d go for June.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

If it's really not that much difference and you aren't that bothered, I would just flip a coin! X

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I would put my vote in 11th July. Foliage in early June has only just came out and there are more flowers out later in the year - I am thinking of venue gardens and wedding photos. Later in the year It is also generally warmer in the evenings as buildings and the ground have had a few extra weeks to warm up and they retain the heat and let it out during the night.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

July temperatures can be brutal and statistically it's the hottest month in the UK.

June all the way, plus you'll still have a lot of May colour around you and the grass has less chance of being brown.

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

Both are good but plan your day and clothing accordingly.

The guys tend to forget that in the hot summer months they usually spend it in shorts and t-shirt or in an air conditioned office. Then come their wedding day and they quickly realise they are about to stand outside in the sun in a long sleeved shirt, waist coat and a black jacket. Things get toasty very quickly.

• E
    e085 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the help! Have gone for the 11th of Julian the end because it's so wet at the moment I just couldn't bring myself to June. Fingers crossed it isn't this wet in July next year....!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics