Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner March 2020

Wedding ring dilemma

GreenIvyRedBerries20, 26 of May of 2019 at 20:33 Posted on Planning 0 2

Went shopping for wedding rings today. As anticipated my hubby to be managed to find a stunning ring pretty easily. For me on the other hand, its proven to be a much more difficult task.

I have a twisted engagement band with a round cluster of diamonds. Because of this most wedding rings do not fit/go with the engagement ring.

I finally found one I love within budget, but it hs stones. I work in healthcare and can only have plain wedding bands whilst at work. So my options are:

• Buy this beautiful ring with the stones set in and buy a plain band which I can wear at work as well. Effectively having two wedding rings (but one which I wont have to worry about it getting scuffed, dl with alcohol gel or lost at work, and one which I will wear every other time).
  • Spend more than I can afford to get a custom made plain wedding band that will complement my engagement ring and I will be able to wear at work.

Has anyone had any similar experience of having 2 rings or having a similar dilemma. What conclusion did you come to. I am super torn and not sure what to do.

2 replies

Latest activity by pritsticandpompoms, 13 of June of 2019 at 13:03
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, I would spend the extra to get a ring that you can wear all the time. I don't know what your budget is, but the Birmingham jewellery quarter is meant to be very good, and I think there are also some workshops where you can make your own ring!

Do shop around, as I've seen a lot of people on here say they've had custom rings which have been surprisingly well-priced.

Good luck! x

• H
    Beginner May 2020
    HappyGreenHair3431 ·
    • Hide content

Personally I am having my ring made as I have a unique design but also to incorporate the gold from my dad's wedding ring (he passed away in 2015) so it will have a lot of meaning too.

Could that be an option for you? If you have your own 'old gold' this can help reduce the cost from a lot of jewellers.

Not sure where you are but my cousin is a jeweller and is making my ring - let me know if you want her details and I'll pass them on.

• P
    Curious
    pritsticandpompoms ·
    • Hide content

I think having 2 wedding rings slightly defeats the point of having it and you'll risk losing one. I agree with above posters, get one made that works for work and home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics