Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittlePea19
Beginner June 2019

6 Weeks to go... Stressed

LittlePea19, 16 of April of 2019 at 16:25 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi

Not sure if I'm looking for advice or just need to get if off my chest lol.

I have 6 weeks to go and I'm getting increasingly stressed about it all and I'm not sure why! We've paid for pretty much everything but the dress alterations, the suits and the flowers (which a friend is doing) then its just the final payment on the venue.

We have a couple of guests who are being really slow about whether they are bringing a guest or can even make the day due to child care. I get it, I really do but I'm not sure how to stress how important this is without sounding all demanding. I'm not sure if I'm being over dramatic (I can sometimes be a bit of a drama llama) or if everyone goes through this stage.

Hopefully it'll all sort itself out this week, but I could actually cry which is stupid! The man is helping as most of the problem is being caused by his friends, but I just feel a little helpless.

Any advice would be great.... even if its to take a chill pill ?

Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueHair36750, 28 of April of 2019 at 17:35
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Aww bless you, everything will be fine!

I think it's fine for you to chase the people - I'm assuming they've been aware of your date for a while so have had plenty of time to find child care. I would give them a final deadline, a few days before you need to know for food confirmation. Tell them if they haven't confirmed by then, they are still welcome to the evening if their childcare allows, but unfortunately you won't be able to cater for them during the day. That should give them a kick. If they can't be there, who cares, you'll still have a fab day without them.

That's great that your man is helping - I know it's hard, and I'm so guilty of trying to do everything myself, but try and trust him.

Take a deep breath, go for a walk, make sure you take a break from wedding stuff every so often.

It will all be worth it in the end, and you'll have an amazing time, but do come and rant whenever you need to!

Good luck. X

• R
    Beginner May 2019
    RomanticBlueHair36750 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I know where you are coming from I'm getting married on the 16th May, trust me it all finally comes together , my h2b has been Fantastic so supportive that's why I am marrying him.

I have my future sister in law and her daughter telling me who I should have as bridesmaid , who should be best man her bloke, him and h2b dont get on and who our guests are. We said no and yes it did and on the day will cause problems.

My MOH put everything into prospective and said you love each other and those who truly love you will do anything to make sure your day is what we want.

That's why she is my MOH

• R
    Beginner May 2019
    RomanticBlueHair36750 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I know where you are coming from I'm getting married on the 16th May, trust me it all finally comes together , my h2b has been Fantastic so supportive that's why I am marrying him.

I have my future sister in law and her daughter telling me who I should have as bridesmaid , who should be best man her bloke, him and h2b dont get on and who our guests are. We said no and yes it did and on the day will cause problems.

My MOH put everything into prospective and said you love each other and those who truly love you will do anything to make sure your day is what we want.

That's why she is my MOH

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics