Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2019

Wedding dress too small... do I buy a back up?

ExpensiveRedHair48055, 6 of April of 2019 at 17:34 Posted on Planning 0 1

So I stupidly bought my wedding dress over a year ago, in a size smaller than I am as I was convinced I could lose the weight. Little did I know that I’d be put on 3 types of medication that cause weight gain. To counteract this I signed up with a Personal Trainer and have been going to the gym 6 days a week. Alas, it has not worked and in my first fitting today, they couldn’t get the dress over my hips. The shop attendants were very kind and said they would change the back from a zip to a corset back and that they’ll let out the seams. Will that be enough? I’m absolutely panicking and have booked in to try some sale dresses to have as a backup. Anyone been through this?

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueHair36750, 15 of April of 2019 at 09:35
  • E
    Beginner April 2022
    ExcitedBlueHair1313 ·
    • Hide content

First of all, DONT PANIC! I know it probably doesnt feel this way at the moment, but everything will be fine!!

I think you should try the shop attendants advise first and add in a corset back, you'll be able to add a good few inches by doing that.

If that doesnt work then yes, get a back up dress. Worst case scenario.. You where the backup dress on the day and stick the smaller dress on Ebay or Stillwhite. ?

• R
    Beginner May 2019
    RomanticBlueHair36750 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I was in the same situation as you, I'm getting married in 31 days and can now get into my dress. It took hard work, exercise and strict diet.

But getting married to my h2b was all worth it.

Keep going to the gym and diet

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics