Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner February 2021

Short dress for the evening reception

RomanticOrangeBridesmaid34916, 30 of March of 2019 at 09:07 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi There,

Just wiwowond if anyone is going for a change of dress for your evening reception. I love the idea of a short tea length dress for the evening.

Many thanks x

3 replies

Latest activity by PadBin, 22 of April of 2019 at 20:48
  • R
    Beginner May 2019
    RomanticBlueHair36750 ·
    • Hide content

For my first marriage I changed for the evening reception and regretted it , you only wear uyou wedding dress once. I'm getting married in May and will wear my wedding dress all day and night

Xx

• S
    Beginner May 2019
    SorrentoBride ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the other response, you only wear your wedding dress once. I'm getting married on the 14th May in Italy, and will be keeping my wedding dress on as long as possible because I love it!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above - I have a midday ceremony, and plan on keeping my dress on as long as possible! X

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I never thought I'd ever want to take my wedding dress off and there was a joke going around my family that I'd be wearing it during breakfast the next day.

I had a very full and long dress that I loved but to be honest by about half way through the day I wished I could of changed. I got married on the hottest day of the year and it was like wearing a couple of king size duvets, I struggled to walk in it and spent the whole day lifting it up, I also kept taking chairs with me when i got up because of the train but that was just funny.

Everyone suggested buying a tea length dress to change into in the evening as I was torn between the 2 styles originally but I never thought I would want to and totally regretted on the day.

Maybe buy a cheaper tea length dress and have it as an option and if you don't change into it you could sell it later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics