Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2019

Secret wedding

ExpensiveRedCakes50713, 6 of March of 2019 at 14:04 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone this is only my 2nd post on here so apologies if it’s in the wrong place.

me and OH are getting married in august and will be giving notice soon. Our wedding is a very basic registry office wedding and it’s also a complete secret. OH plans to tell his family eventually but I will not be telling mine (long story; toxic family members I will likely become estranged from in the long term). I am concerned about keeping the wedding a secret as I am currently living with my mother officially (though I spend most of my time staying at OH’s) who i do not want to find out. I am hoping to be moved in with OH by August/ September so it shouldn’t be an issue from there on however I’m concerned that after we’ve given notice things will be sent to my official address where I live with my mother as she is the sort of person that opens my post. The obvious solution is to ask for everything to be sent to OHs but I was wondering if there’s anything that must be sent to my address or any other issues I might face with keeping it a secret? I’m very stressed about it all so anyone who’s had any similar experiences I’d appreciate hearing from.

thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveRedCakes50713, 11 of March of 2019 at 13:08
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any similar experience, but I know that when we gave notice, everything was done via email. We had to take proof of our residential address, but nothing was posted to where we live. The fact that we had given notice was passed on electronically to our registrar, and we received electronic confirmation that everything was ok. You could always check that your local registry does the same, but I'm sure it will be, just give them a call and explain that you have privacy issues at your current official residence and would like all contact to be done via email or phone. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I hope this helps, and sorry you have to go through this! Best of luck! X

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Nothing to add other than good luck......hope it all works out well.....

Peter

• E
    Beginner August 2019
    ExpensiveRedCakes50713 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your reply. This has definitely put me at ease and helped a lot. Saying I have privacy issues at my current residence is a great way of putting it too, thank you, I was worried how I would explain the situation without sounding a bit childish saying I don’t want my mum to find out haha.

Thanks for the good wishes!

X

• E
    Beginner August 2019
    ExpensiveRedCakes50713 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your reply. This has definitely put me at ease and helped a lot. Saying I have privacy issues at my current residence is a great way of putting it too, thank you, I was worried how I would explain the situation without sounding a bit childish saying I don’t want my mum to find out haha.

Thanks for the good wishes!

X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics