Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2019

Should I get alpacas?

RomanticPurpleHair29158, 4 of February of 2019 at 13:51 Posted on Planning 0 4

I am getting married in a Scottish castle. It’s beautiful. We have a bagpiper for the whole day and a cello+ piano duo for the ceremony and reception. Should I have alpacas as well? They would be my ring bearers. They are so cute but I am worried that people won’t be interested in the bagpiper or the strings duo or the castle when we have alpacas. Also would they steal the show? Please help me!! Thank you

4 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 20 of February of 2019 at 22:39
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

They say to never work with children or animals so I would steer clear of them but it’s your day and your decision.

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

Whilst the alpacas sound adorable I’m not sure you need that extra wow factor with all the other stuff going on too x

• L
    LuxuriousGoldBridesmaid674 ·
    • Hide content

Whilst undoubtedly adorable don't forget that they are grazing animals and as such will have frequent calls of nature...

• A
    Beginner July 2019
    Andy_Redwood ·
    • Hide content

I hate to be the lone dissenting decision, but you should absolutely get alpacas. From your list - bagpipes, cello, piano, alpaca - which is going to stick in people's heads the most, making it a truly memorable day? Alpacas, every time.

If you're worried they'll upstage the other entertainment, I'd say a reasonable compromise would be to keep them up your sleeve (so to speak) until the ceremony itself to give the musicians their due, then let the ring-bearers loose with a big entrance.

Show-stealing? Yes. Memorable? Oh, yes. Is that a bad thing? Not in my book...

Andy (:

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Usually, they are very friendly and can be a bonus to your day with you and your guests....We have them booked for my forthcoming daughters wedding.....

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics