Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner

Manor by the Lake or alternate venue?

Inheaven2019, 12 of January of 2019 at 22:47 Posted on Planning 0 1

Found what would be the ideal venue Manor by the Lake but felt it was missing the slight WOW factor, as we drove past a supermarket with a building site next door to the turn in. It took me by surprise although once we drove in the venuevwss stunning.

It had everything I want for small wedding of 24 guests, it has many rooms
But 3 rooms suitable for Ceremony, Wedding Breakfast and a beautiful evening entertainment section with bar, as well as accommodation. The house and rooms were stunning but the WOW factor went again with the view from the rooms, my heartbreak a little. But the manor has stunning, old architecture feeling and beautiful gardens.

Now do I suck it up and get married here as it ticks so many boxes, or do I look elsewhere?

Happy to look in the following areas:

• Gloucestershire
  • Staffordshire
  • Peak District
  • Cotswolds

Opinions appreciated

1 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 15 of January of 2019 at 08:43
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I would look around a few more places before you decide. This place clearly isn't giving you 'the feels'. Look around a few more places just to work out if it s in fact possible to get what you're looking for on your budget. You might look at other places and realise that you love this place more. But if you don't look, you won't know.

Hope this helps! X

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I shot a wedding there once and felt it was unusualy situated but I'll be honest with you, once there the grounds overwhelm everyone anyway. It's beautiful there with plenty to get lost in. Also, while you may not like the location those services are convenient vs being at a venue slap bang in the middle of nowhere. It's so easy to get to.

It's easy to look too far in to things and as far as I know there's nothing like it anywhere in the area. Not as pretty or diverse in features. There's always a compromise in other venues, a small prep room, no accommodation or if it has accommodation you lose something else.

You've also got the bar / elvis room for the guys to get ready in as well. I've shot a lot of weddings now and for the area it was the most complete venue (that looked great too) that I've been to. You're putting way too much value on first impressions when nobody will care once there.

Even on the balcony of the bridal suite you cannot see anything but trees, so unless you're getting married in the winter you won't see anything outside the venue. (As shown in my blog)

Here's a gallery of what it looked like on the day I shot it. Flipping lovely place!

Manor by the Lake Wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics