Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Late wedding Hot Buffet Timings and questions

ExpensivePinkDecor50126, 6 of January of 2019 at 14:22 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hey all ,been lurking the forums for a while and joined today to say hi and ask a few questions

We get married in August and have planned a 4pm wedding followed by canape drinks reception followed by a Hot Buffet with Desserts etc

We didnt really want the formal 3 course sit down wedding breakfast as the food is never that great

My question is to any of you who has been to a wedding like this , a few questions -

Did you still have table plans ?

When the buffet is announced as open is it a free for all and all 70 guests get up and once to fight for the food or do you call each table at a time ?

Did you all sit down and do the speeches first before the buffet is called ?

We like the idea of the informal buffet but concerned on how its organised , any feedback on what worked and didnt work would be great

We are not having evening guests so we imagine the timings as follows

4pm ceremony

4.30pm - 6pm Canape and drinsk reception

6pm speeches then buffet callled ?

7.30pm drinks and dancing

12pm carrriages

Any tips appreciated , we are worried at the moment if we should have just gone the traditional breakfast , we have visions of the last few tables sat waiting for food disgruntled !

1 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 9 of January of 2019 at 20:16
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Yes mostly I see table plans even with informal buffets

If you have a caterer then they should be able to advise but its usually one table at a time - starting with the top table but the flow is kept going with the other tables close behind.

You can have the speeches at whatever time you prefer. I think I see just as many before the meal as after, with some even split between courses.

Your timings look ok apart from the 6-7.30 for buffet and speeches 8.00 for the dancing is more realistic.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

With an informal buffet speeches can work well when done before the food. It's the best time to get everyone seated.

You can have a table plan if you like. You need someone to take charge with calling the tables forward for the buffet. Don't let them stampede! Also, it's best to have servers working on the buffet because it helps stop the greedy people loading their plates with twice as much food as they need. This is important because if they take too much there won't be enough food left for the last couple of tables.

I have seen many buffets where when there's more than one option for main course the greedy people will grab 2 or even 3 main courses onto their plate. Pile it high just in case they want seconds!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics